Bearcat Addition

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Raydog59

Bearcat
Just recently added a new cat,LNIB #35283. box says super bearcat. Is it? What makes one a super? Technologically Retarded,have no earthly idea how to post pictures. Have em, don't know how to get from phone to here. Anyone have an idea of date of manufacture? Thanks

Super Bearcats have a 91-prefix serial number and a steel main frame.

Your serial number indicates an original type Bearcat with aluminum main frame, and yours in particular is from very late '63.

:)

Yessir, someone put that gun in a later Super box ( has the little white section upper left of the end labe)l, Bearcat box is the same except for that white flag on the end label....Like Ale-8 notes above those later,Supers will have the serial number( longer number, more digits) in white china marker on the side of the box, not on the red end label like the first, early guns, in pencil.......... :wink:

chet15

Hawkeye
Raydog59 said:
Just recently added a new cat,LNIB #35283. box says super bearcat. Is it? What makes one a super? Technologically Retarded,have no earthly idea how to post pictures. Have em, don't know how to get from phone to here. Anyone have an idea of date of manufacture? Thanks

Out of curiosity, does your 35283 have large or small size serial numbers?
How about plastic or wood grips?
Chet15

Raydog59

Bearcat
Chet15,
It has the resin grips with no medallions and a steel ejector rod housing. As for the number size the only thing I have to compare it to is #19181 and it appears to be the same size numbers.

chet15

Hawkeye
Raydog59 said:
Chet15,
It has the resin grips with no medallions and a steel ejector rod housing. As for the number size the only thing I have to compare it to is #19181 and it appears to be the same size numbers.

Sounds right in line with what it should be.
The earliest large # gun I have noted is 35361 and it also has walnuts.
The highest small # gun noted is 35314 and it has the plastic grips without medallions.
It is safe to say your Bearcat was one of the last 100 made with small numbers and plastic panels.
Chet15

Beaver Creek

Single-Sixer
I assume you just bought the Bearcat from Bauer Auctions. That Bearcat #35283 was a gun I sent to them along with 14 others for their December auction. It was indeed in the iNcorrect Super box just as I got it several years ago. BTW...It is a very nice gun and you got a real good buy on it. Strictly from memory I believe it had the small numbers. I have since deleted any photos I had.

Latest posts