#1 22-250 AB value ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hi I found a #1 22-250 AB 130 prefix it still has the factory grease in it owner claims he bought it new and never fired it and it looks it I cant seem to find a real world price on it or how rare they are I have Chads book and I have a heck of a time looking up the #1s any opinions would be greatly appreciated he is asking $1100

Gramps

chet15

Hawkeye
I don't remember the 1AB ever being offered in 22-250 during the prefix era, and since it is a 130- I'm wondering if the barreled action from the non-prefix days.
Might be a pretty rare gun there.
So it does have the 22" Lightweight barrel, beavertail forearm and no sights?
The Non-prefix AB in .22-250 was a pretty rare gun itself, with a guestimate of 70 or so rifles built.
Chet15

Hi the owner claims he bought it new and that it is an AB but I believe it is a AH it has a B barrel no sights with a alexander henry for end the only thing that seems to come close is a Lipseys run but the 130 prefix doesn't seem right

Gramps

gewehrfreund

Buckeye
Well, without more information, pictures or a letter from Ruger, I'd guess that since it has a 130- prefix and now you say it has a B weight barrel, that it started out as an early 1B, and someone simply put a 1S fore-end on it.
Does it have the barrel band swivel stud? Even if it does, it's not hard to add that to the 1B barrel; I've done it on a couple over the years.

If it were a non-prefix gun, it would be a BH, one of my favorite configurations. I am lucky enough to actually have a BH in 22-250.

gewehrfreund

Buckeye
chet15 said:
I don't remember the 1AB ever being offered in 22-250 during the prefix era, and since it is a 130- I'm wondering if the barreled action from the non-prefix days.
Might be a pretty rare gun there.
So it does have the 22" Lightweight barrel, beavertail forearm and no sights?
The Non-prefix AB in .22-250 was a pretty rare gun itself, with a guestimate of 70 or so rifles built.
Chet15
Chad,
How about a Liberty "BH" in 22-250? I know there were some 1S's made up around that time in unique chamberings, but I've never heard of "sightless 1S" from that period.

chet15

Hawkeye
How long is the barrel? 22" Lightweight or 26" mediumweight?
Since it does have an AH forend, it could still be a holdover barreled action from the non-prefix days. Did you get the full sn?
Chet15

It is 25 1/4 inches from the front of the receiver medium weight barrel I thought I took a picture of the serial # but its not on my camera I will get it next wednesday the barrel is about a 1/8 th inch longer than my 4 digit #1 22-250

Gramps

gewehrfreund

Buckeye
chet15 said:
How long is the barrel? 22" Lightweight or 26" mediumweight?
Since it does have an AH forend, it could still be a holdover barreled action from the non-prefix days. Did you get the full sn?
Chet15
It's a Liberty gun

chet15

Hawkeye
Maybe get a letter on it from the factory and see if it letters with the Alex Henry forearm. Chances are the letter will say it is a 1B and will say nothing about the forearm. If so, there's no way to prove the forearm wasn't changed sometime later in life.
Chet15