bearcat 22/22mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
$1500.00 NIB seems to be the average now days, but I have seen two sell for $1800.00.
However a real nice shooter recently sold on GB for $800.00, so there are deals out there,depends on what you are looking for.

Terry

HAWKEYE#28 said:
Did we ever have a final sale price on the Laco 3 consecutive gun package that WNG offered some time ago? 8)

Yeah, I'd like to know how that worked out, myself. I never heard if they even sold at all, whether as a "set" or as individuals.

:?:

eveled

Hawkeye
OP, make sure it's an original, and not one that had a replacement cylinder reamed out to .22 mag.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
HAWKEYE#28 said:
Did we ever have a final sale price on the Laco 3 consecutive gun package that WMG offered some time ago? 8)

Hey, I got a PM yesterday that referenced a post that mentioned I helped sell some of Carl's guns. I assume this is that post.

So I don't have an answer for the fate or final price of that trio. I was not selling them, just trying to help Carl's wife sell some things to raise funds to pay his medical bills. That was long before he passed, maybe late 2016. The fellow who was actually selling the guns was a FFL in WY who had gone to the house and picked up a load of guns, took them to his shop, and was trying to connect up with buyers from there. I offered to post some on the forum and suggested that we try the Bearcats here since so many forum folks were familiar with that unique set that were rare, consecutive, and all slightly different. I forget where we started them but it was either $6000 or $5500. I think Carl's wife had a minimum acceptable price of $5000 in mind, so we wanted some room to negotiate. We did get an offer of $4500 that was rejected, and I think that guy later came up to $4800 but that was also rejected. I remember that after they ran for a while on the forum, the WY dealer put them on GunBroker and that ad ran several times with no bites. After that, I lost track. I think the GB ad was still running when my mom died and by the time I thought to check in on them again months later, the ad was gone.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Well. ...........in addition to the sorrow we all have for the passing of our Friend, Mentor and Confidant, it remains sad that the vast majority/ near none of his firearms estate was ever offered here on the Ruger Forum. Of course, that includes the SN 100 guns and other pieces we have seen in Carl's posts. Some of us were well known to Carl and his wife and it will forever be a mystery as to why we were not kept in the loop or contacted..........I softly suggest we could have been of very positive assistance .......................Splitz