BKH 42 Sn 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11

Help Support Ruger Forum:

41 nut son

Bearcat
I am looking for the owner/owners of BKH 42 Serial #s 7, 8, 9, 10, & 11. I knew the prior owner of these BKHs very well and have recently come across some paperwork that really should be with each of them. Thanks.

41 nut son

Bearcat
Hi Scott, I have been trying to track you down for a little while. I have some of the shipping papers, all of the Ruger letters, certificates, and a couple of the original invoices, and a couple of other pieces of paper on them. Same for a couple of the other early digit SNs (15 sticks out but can't remember the others off top of my head and can't get to my binder until I get back in town). In my opinion, the paperwork belongs with the guns. If you want them let me know and I will send them out to you.

Yes, Richard was my father. I like to think he is doing much better right now, the last 2 or 3 years were really tough for him. He passed the end of last summer. Between his shop and his collection there have been a lot of pieces that I have been trying to tie together and clean up for my mom. Shop is nearly complete and now I am working on some of the Ruger collection stuff.

Glad to see you made it to this site. Richard was a long-time member here.

It's good to know that series run is still together, and in good hands. I recall when Richard was "accumulating" them. We watched the proceedings here on RugerForum.com as the deals were made. A true collector's dream pursuit. I know Richard was proud of the results.

Scott, if you could post a picture of the whole pile, we'd certainly appreciate it. It was a supreme effort in collecting.

:)

radicalrod

Hunter
Well I am sorry to hear the news about your Dad....I enjoyed meeting him in Harrisburg a few times....

We swapped a few guns too....I ended up with #14 and #15 so if you have any papers on those I certainly would appreciate them.

Thanks Rod K

41 nut son

Bearcat
Rod,
At this point in time I have only manage to inventory all of the guns, most of the grips, none of the Blackhawk parts, and only about 1/4 of the collection paperwork. The only thing I have come across in regards to SNs #14 & 15 is some printed email traffic between my Dad and a close family friend of who SN #15 historically was shipped new to. That particular gun was one of my favorites based on the historical development of the cartridge it is chambered in. That caliber was also a big part of my upbringing. If you ever decide to part with it (or both) please let me know. I've got a first, second, and third born that I would throw in for that one.

I will keep my eyes open as I work thru the remaining paper work and set anything I come across aside for you.

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to our Forum.
I too was acquainted with your Dad. I really enjoyed our conversations & all. Heck of a great guy. It saddens me to hear of his passing. Please accept my condolences & pass them along to your mother.

On the other stuff,,, this place will be a wealth of info for you. Ask, ,,, and I'm sure someone will know the answer,,, or at least know where to look.

BRASS FRAME

Single-Sixer
Hello Son of Richard. I know your mother from Harrisburg, PA. gun shows and talking with her on the phone. Richard and I traded guns and exchanged serial numbers of our joint Brass Frame collections. We also put together a display at Harrisburg one year showing three sets of "triplets" which included your dad's .41 magnums, my .45 colts and another collectors' .30 carbines, all with the same serial numbers 9, 10, 11! We also spent many evenings talking about Rugers on the phone. Sometimes he was even working on the railroad when we talked. I am sure he is in a better place now and often spoke of you and a grandson. Brass Frame/Lee Let me know if I can help with any questions you have about your Dad's Rugers. Your Mom has my contact information.

trapperon

Blackhawk
Im so sorry to hear of Richard's passing. I bought my first ever 44 flattop from him about 1991. Answered his Gunlist ad--called him for a description etc.--and he told me if I dont like it in any way just send it back and he would refund me no questions asked! Was a beauty when it arrived and I still have it 6.5 incher s/n 27995

Its always been sort of special to me as a "first Flattop"!!

Your dad was a good man--may he rest in peace

Ron

Yes ,Laura and I are also sad to hear of Dads passing, met him at various shows back 'east' over the years....always got a kick out of his "liking" the 41 mags, as much like the 30 carbines are the "red headed step childs" of the centerfire Blackhawks......reminds me that these same numbered guns are in the hands of our friend Don, still has the same numbered 30 carbines,maybe not #7.....hhhmmmm
Any way good to hear from you and best to you and the family......... 8) :wink:

westerville

Buckeye
Not a BKH42 but a very nice BKH41 :D

Subscription gun for Ruger's Patent Attorney...

2WyRzh5l.jpg

ddEmb46l.jpg

epAY9oOl.jpg

oj0m9Wcl.jpg