Correct Grips For GS-32N?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lovemydals

Buckeye
Looking to determine what grips were used on the Ruger U.S. Naval Intelligence/Investigative Services (NIS) Speed Six revolver. I have a manual with the following information on the cover;

TM GS32-N

TECHNICAL MANUAL
FOR
RUGER
GS32-N
MILITARY MODEL
DOUBLE ACTION REVOLVERS
Caliber .357 Magnums

NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER:
I005-01-073-2465

MANUFACTURER'S CATALOG NUMBER;
GS32-N

STURM, RUGER & COMPANY, Inc.
Southport, Connecticut 06490 U.S.A

In this manual, there is an illustration showing a rubber grip with no Ruger logo. The reason for asking is I saw one recently on Gun Broker that had factory wood grips. So, is it wood or Pachmyer grips?

Thanks?

lmd

lovemydals

Buckeye
Sold for $780 plus shipping. No box. Condition is pretty good. Though probably not as nice as yours.

GB #715295677

I have a US Dept of The Navy - Naval Investigative Service Bulletin from Spring 1987. In it is a article titled;

PROTECTIVE SERVICE DETAILS TAKE TIME, DEDICATION AND PLANNING

Along with the story text, there are several photos. One of the photos shows a Special Agent with a stainless revolver with rubber grips in a shoulder holster. I will email some photos.

lmd

chet15

Hawkeye
It wouldn't be surprising if a few GS-32N's were ordered with Ruger pachmayer's.
Would all depend on how they were ordered.
Also, Ruger didn't have Pachmayers when the first GS-32N's were sold. But makes sense they would be on a Navy gun after those initial runs.
So the catalog number would be GS-32NP?
Chad

bemond78

Bearcat
All the ones I have seen have wood grips. Check this out Ebay item 302425054422