PROPOSED CLEANUP of this Collecting Sub-Forum

Help Support Ruger Forum:

What is your preference on the stickies

• No, I like it full/cluttered like my gun safe - keep it messy.

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Seriously? Who cares? Trump? Clinton? Johnson? Meh....

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Yes, less is more, I think it would look better - clean it up!

Votes: 42 79.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I hadn't looked in on the Ruger And Other Firearm Collecting part of the site in a long while and I notice that it is pretty messy with stickies. You have to scroll halfway down to get to the most recent regular post.

I'd like to tidy things up a bit by making one sticky post that has the links to all the different serial number topics, another sticky that has the links to any "other info" type topics, and maybe a third with links to any show/display type topics. Then un-sticky those individual topics and let them drop down to where they would otherwise be based on date of last post.

Please vote your opinion on doing that type of housekeeping. I'll leave the poll open for a few weeks.

hittman

Staff member
weaselmeatgravy said:
I'd like to tidy things up a bit ......

Yes! Please do. And, there's other sections that could use some attention too!

Doesn't bother me in the least. Scrolling down thru that admittedly lengthy pile of "stickies" allows me to do a quick review of them by noting the most recent "last post" for each. It only takes a few seconds . . . what's the big hurry?

From a practical standpoint, complicating the matter might be more than our tired old software can handle, but I'm not sure about that.

As you can probably tell, I voted "Meh".

JMHO
:)

pete44ru

Hunter
weaselmeatgravy said:
I hadn't looked in on the Ruger And Other Firearm Collecting part of the site in a long while and I notice that it is pretty messy with stickies. You have to scroll halfway down to get to the most recent regular post.

I'd like to tidy things up a bit by making one sticky post that has the links to all the different serial number topics, another sticky that has the links to any "other info" type topics, and maybe a third with links to any show/display type topics. Then un-sticky those individual topics and let them drop down to where they would otherwise be based on date of last post.

Please vote your opinion on doing that type of housekeeping. I'll leave the poll open for a few weeks.

Better yet, make ONE all-inclusive sticky that contains all the other sticky's........................

BlkHawk73

Hunter
My suggestion... take note of the number of visits to each sticky and then a few weeks later, check them again. That'll give an idea how often they're checked. Little changes = combine 'em.

Dan in MI

Staff member
If they are just reference threads.

Add a locked subforum - "collector stickies"

If some are, and some aren't, still add the locked collector forum with the reference threads and keep the active ones in the current forum.

eveled

Hawkeye
I like the idea of stickies, but the reality is that I don't look at them, just scroll down automatically.

By all means clean it up.

Ruger45

Blackhawk
I am gonna be odd man out I use those stickies quite often as a reference guide. Man I need to get off my but and get a guid from Chad. LOL

SWR

Single-Sixer
I think all of the info in the stickies is so valuable. It needs to be kept or kept in one place. I dont use it often but when I need info I can go to one index and find what I am looking for without having to do a search. I dont mind scrolling down at all.

Its like having special papers you value stored at your house. They may not be in a file but you know exactly where they are

Want to create a new section titled "Stickies" ?

Terry T

Buckeye
Hmmm..... the 'all or nothing' solution might not be the best.
Some of the topics could stay but some, like the '5th annual Boise show' might need to be cut loose from being a 'stickie'.
Terry T

circlergrugers

Vaquero
I'd like to see a "known serial number" section compleatly or something in that line and list all serial number posts there. That sure would clean the best of what's there now. But the information is important, and takes a long time to gather, it needs to be archived and kept!

Ruger45

Blackhawk
It seems to me these stickies could be weeded out and moved starting from the top and counting down threads 4,10,13,15,17,and 18 seem to have no ruger reference qualities. When it comes to tracking or finding guns. So if those were weeded out and the rest of the stickies moved to a reference sub forum like circlergrugers said in which we could still track Sr# and the like.

circlergrugers said:
I'd like to see a "known serial number" section compleatly or something in that line and list all serial number posts there. That sure would clean the best of what's there now. But the information is important, and takes a long time to gather, it needs to be archived and kept!

+1.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
A few months ago I sent a suggestion to the Office, concerning a section dedicated to reference-quality threads; instead of uncontrolled/unverified "stickys".

Of course to make it valuable, someone would have to separate the bubba-banter from the reference material. Same would apply to the Rugersmithing section tho.

- Like any thread on "FFL advice" there's just too much bad info any day to take it at face value.

AzGeno

Single-Sixer
I vote to clean it up. I do read the "Stickies" but I do not want to go through them each time.
I expect to see the newest post on top of each category.
Perhaps "stickies" could be color coded? If not clean up.