Ruger President Steve Sanetti moving on

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
WMG, I agree that Steve leaving isn't what I'd like to see either for Ruger. However, we don't know the reasons why he is leaving. I hate to see him go, but I wish him the best!

chet15

Hawkeye
[/quote]
Chad, I believe they've just bought back a bunch of their stock. That's a sign of a healthy company.[/quote]

They had to. The company as it existed a short time ago didn't hold 51% of their own company.
Chet15

mcknight77

Blackhawk
They didn't need to as long as they had a voting block and controlling interest. The sale of the family stock both drove the price down and mandated the purchase of the cheap stock to gain >50%. I'm assuming they do now, but I don't know for sure.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Wasn't the official response to the dropping of the "S" in the logo a "Brand Recognition" issue? They want to be known as Ruger and customers that don't know the "roots" were being confused by the Sturm, Ruger moniker.

I don't agree with this logic in any way, shape or form, but, it's not my company....

flatgate

68993936.jpg

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
51% doesen't have anything to do with it-the Buyback, that is! As noted, the stock is 70% Instituitionally held. And as noted, Institutions are fickle.
I believe the runup last Summer to more of "buyout" rumor than profitability. I too, would like to see a few good quarters of earnings. Got a letter from Mr. Fifer after last years 3rd Quarter Earnings bust- have really seen no explanation of the 4th Quarter of 2007. Maybe in about 6 weeks, 1st Quarter Earnings will be out. If RGR is not starting to make $$ by then, well there are more Management and Operational issues than any of us "Collectors" will ever know about!

chet15

Hawkeye
mcknight77":2sbxqznr said:
Wouldn't it be cool to have a person on the board who cares about the collectors?

From what I've seen, that apparently will never be a part of their policy. Too bad. They could sell more guns.
Chet15

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
Steve WILL be elected to the Board of Directors of Ruger; the question is whether he will resign!! It might well be a Conflict of Interest with his position with the NSSF.
It would seem to me that the Ruger Auction and Photo page would indicate more catering to "Collectors" than anything I've seen since Steve Vogel passed away in 1991.
Well, does anyone know why there has not been any new Auctions the last couple of weeks?

chet15

Hawkeye
El Numero Uno":y7wx3fwy said:
It would seem to me that the Ruger Auction and Photo page would indicate more catering to "Collectors" than anything I've seen since Steve Vogel passed away in 1991.

True. But that's not the reason they said they were doing it at NRA2007. One of the execs there said it was to gain more awareness for the website. He also said Ruger could really care less about what those guns bring. Also, the sales of those guns are depleting their stash of such "non-standard" variations, which I've heard they have thousands.
Not sure why they haven't posted a new gun on their auction in a while, I've been waiting too.
Chet15

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
Was doing a search for Ruger Titanium Golf Clubs and found this thread from 2008, discussion on new managment team, stock prices, etc.

Got me curious and something right must have happened somewhere... check RGR ticker, pretty impressive!

A

Anonymous

flatgate said:
Wasn't the official response to the dropping of the "S" in the logo a "Brand Recognition" issue? They want to be known as Ruger and customers that don't know the "roots" were being confused by the Sturm, Ruger moniker.

I don't agree with this logic in any way, shape or form, but, it's not my company....

flatgate

I did not agree with dropping the "S" either. I'll bet Bill Senior would have never stood for it. A small thing to some people, but a significant sign that Ruger was leaving WBR's legacy and focusing too much on $$$. S.R. & Co. is no longer what WBR intended, and likely never will be again. Sad.

Boxhead

Blackhawk
SteelShooter said:
Was doing a search for Ruger Titanium Golf Clubs and found this thread from 2008, discussion on new managment team, stock prices, etc.

Got me curious and something right must have happened somewhere... check RGR ticker, pretty impressive!

Ah, it can't be. Impossible... :wink: