First day Red Eagle value? Pics up

Help Support Ruger Forum:

radicalrod

Hunter
SteveRuger said:
I have the Red Eagle #222, Single-Six #222 & the 44 Flat Top #222 need more please! :)

Well I remember you offering me the triple deuces when Henry had his big sale....you must have added the BKH4 since then.....

I think I bought #265 RSS (I had RE 0265 already) , a consecutive pair of NICKEL SC6's, #'s 500051 & 500053 SC6's, and 300051 RSSM.....then that spring in Tulsa you called and asked if I would be interested in SC6 # 500052 :? :? :? I believe I said YES :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well those were the days my friend :wink: :wink: :wink: I hope they never end.....RR

SATCOM

Blackhawk
mr.deerstalker said:
Here's all the facts and issue's as I know them, Steve got 222 from me! SATCOM never sell's, only buys......

He only says that because I have the second H.H. Sefried II (constructed to the specifications of the drawings in Mr. Dougan's last book) and I have not sold or traded it to him YET!
SATCOM 8)

PS
Ya'll had a chance to buy RE #221........http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=192317

chet15

Hawkeye
Warbird1975...you have a wonderful gun there!!
Although the date of October 6, 1949 is listed in the factory records as when it was shipped...I do not think that to mean it was physically shipped by some government service. Those six guns could have very well been picked up by employees or handed to other folks by somebody at the factory as the first of their kind.
Chet15

warbird1975

Single-Sixer
chet15 said:
Although the date of October 6, 1949 is listed in the factory records as when it was shipped...I do not think that to mean it was physically shipped by some government service. Those six guns could have very well been picked up by employees or handed to other folks by somebody at the factory as the first of their kind.
Chet15

Thank you sir. Is there any way to determine what sort of box it was originally sent out in?

street

Hunter
warbird1975 said:
chet15 said:
Chet15

Thank you sir. Is there any way to determine what sort of box it was originally sent out in?
As you gun was not listed as being shipped in a Salt Cod Box. And it seems that the first guns were just wrapped in newspaper with no box except the Salt Cod Boxes. It looks as if your gun was probably picked up at the factory. There is no way to tell for sure.

warbird1975

Single-Sixer
street said:
warbird1975 said:
chet15 said:
Chet15

As you gun was not listed as being shipped in a Salt Cod Box. And it seems that the first guns were just wrapped in newspaper with no box except the Salt Cod Boxes. It looks as if your gun was probably picked up at the factory. There is no way to tell for sure.

Well at least that's a little bit of good news I guess. I don't have to spend years chasing down some super rare box! Thanks again for all the info guys, I appreciate it.

SATCOM

Blackhawk
warbird1975

Now that you know the date shipped and what it shipped (handed over) in, all you have to do is find a local newspaper nearest to the factory, dated a month prior and wrap RE #219 in it.

FYI
Oct 6, 1949 - Iva Toguri D'Aquino (Tokyo Rose) sentenced to 10 years & $10,000 fine

Thursday, October 6, 1949, Yankee Stadium I, Attendance: 70,053, Time of Game: 2:30

Dodgers
Yankees
W: Preacher Roe (1-0)
L: Vic Raschi

The Soviet Union creates the Democratic Republic of Germany ( East Germany ) within the Soviet occupation zone.

I'd wrap it in the sports section. :mrgreen:

SATCOM

radicalrod

Hunter
Well the one I tried to buy was wrapped in a NEW YORK DAILY....not a South Port Paper....I think it had Greta Garbo or some famous actress on the front page....what do you say Jerry ???? RR

ndruger

Single-Sixer
radicalrod said:
Well the one I tried to buy was wrapped in a NEW YORK DAILY....not a South Port Paper....I think it had Greta Garbo or some famous actress on the front page....what do you say Jerry ???? RR
It was Marilyn Monroe.