RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:38 pm 
Single-Sixer

What would be a reasonable price for a Single Six(not the SSM model) in .32 H&R magnum, 4 5/8" barrel, adj. sight, NIB with original box, paperwork etc. Are they collectible enough that they should be left unfired?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:15 pm 
Hawkeye

Nothing is that "collectible". Well maybe an Audubon Colt SAA smoothbore...

The 32 Single Six is probably a $300-450 gun in most areas. 100% real ANIB is a few bucks more.
The "SSM" rollmark itself is the only diff to the blued originals. Otherwise all the same.
There are four barrel lengths in the original blued, adjustable sight versions. Plus Bisley models (blade and adjustable rar sights) roll-marked and fluted cylinders. The newer runs included stainless fixed-sights with shorter grips and bird's head frames. And there's a limited "John Wayne" commemorative I know about, maybe other distributor exclusives?
Some variants are more scarce than others (fixed sight Bisley?) but all are technically full-production guns.
I say there's not a finer small-game SA out there. Shoot it!

Last edited by mohavesam on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:05 am 
Site Admin

If it were mine I'd put it in the safe. I've NOT seen very many .32 cal. Single-Sixes.

Both of these were gun show finds. Not nice enough to squirrel away but they are indeed really nice shooters. Of course I had to "mess with them a bit" :D

flatgate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:09 am 
Shootist

FLATGATE, Who would the man be saving them for, his wife's next husband ??!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:03 pm 
Site Admin

Nah, I'll outlive her! One of these days I'll pry open my rusty ol' safe and start cashin' in. I must have a hunnert bucks worth of guns in there!

flatgate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:13 am 
Single-Sixer

Well, I might have paid a little too much but I don't care since this is one I have wanted for 25 years. Total cost $575 for NIB with box & paperwork 1986 production(3rd year) based on serial #650-23xxx. Based on everything I have read on this Forum in the past 2 years, I think I will go ahead with my original plan and shoot the heck out of it. Since I take good care of my shooters, I think that in the long run I'll get more "enjoyment value" out of it than I might lose in resale value. Thanks for your advice not only now but over the past 2 years. Tim

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:46 am 
Hawkeye

$575 spent on a great sixgun that you enjoy sure beats $575 spent on other things you don't love. Not too much IMO for the deal.
live your own life!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:47 pm 
Blackhawk

When I bought mine a few years ago it looked like it was unfired in the the box. I didn't know if I wanted to shoot it so I posted here and learned how much others liked the gun and the cartridge. I decided I wanted to shoot it more then just look at it. Now its my most used pistol. Shoot the heck out of it and enjoy it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:17 pm 
Hunter

timnc wrote:
Well, I might have paid a little too much but I don't care since this is one I have wanted for 25 years. Total cost $575 for NIB with box & paperwork 1986 production(3rd year) based on serial #650-23xxx. Based on everything I have read on this Forum in the past 2 years, I think I will go ahead with my original plan and shoot the heck out of it. Since I take good care of my shooters, I think that in the long run I'll get more "enjoyment value" out of it than I might lose in resale value. Thanks for your advice not only now but over the past 2 years. Tim

Think of it this way, you didn't pay too much you just may have bought it a little early. In a year or two it'll be worth more than that. And the short barrel models are always more in demand. Life is short, buy now and enjoy it.

Guns are one of the very few if not the only hobby where the money you put into them just keeps appeciating. Think about any other hobby that people sink money into; when they sell, they lose, money.

CRPA Life
CRPC Life
SASS Life
SWCA
RCA

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:18 pm 
Hunter

Duplicate post deleted.

CRPA Life
CRPC Life
SASS Life
SWCA
RCA

Last edited by Hondo44 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:39 pm 
Blackhawk

they are a blast to shoot and really accurate, have fun. sa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:56 pm 
Single-Sixer

Picked it up Friday. Hasn't been fired since it left the factory in 1986. Guess how I'm going to ring in the new year.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:33 pm 
Hunter

....down range at least and not up in the air, right? I thought so, at least on this forum.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:12 am 
Single-Sixer

GasGuzzler wrote:
....down range at least and not up in the air, right? I thought so, at least on this forum.

Absolutely, up in the air is reserved for those flying critters. Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year to all. Tim

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:17 am 
Hunter

Thanks Tim,
The same to you and your family!

CRPA Life
CRPC Life
SASS Life
SWCA
RCA