Rossi Ranch Hand 38/357

Help Support Ruger Forum:

customf1

Bearcat
Hi was hoping to get some thoughts on this gun its Rossi Ranch Hand 38/357 I am considering on buying. It is considered a hand gun. I tried the 44 Magnum version over the weekend and it was very fun to shoot, however I think Im going to settle for the 38/357 instead becuase it makes a lot less of a boom and should be a little easier to shoot. I will be using this gun at the range for target shooting. Its a fun gun to shoot and sort of a novelty item.

martyj

Blackhawk
My brother has one and loves it. Mostly because he claims its better made than most and he reloads 38 special for his which makes it cheap for him to shoot.
They have sent a lot of lead down the barrel on this and still function as if new

Geoff Timm

Single-Sixer
A rifle is a rifle, a handgun is a handgun.

Spend that kind of money on a real Carbine.

Geoff
Who was not a big fan of Josh Randall. http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2543163392/tt0051327

Otony

Blackhawk
Guys, read exactly what I wrote. I mentioned adding a buttstock and making it into a SBR! SBR=Short Barrel Rifle SBRs are no longer legal in Washington unless you had a legal one (that is registered with the Feds and tax stamp paid) grandfathered prior to the change in Washington law about eight years ago.

I have seen and handled the ones at 1-2-3, and as a handgun, it is legal. Add a full size buttstock and it is not. And no, it doesn't really make sense, 'cause the grip on it now is nothing more than a shortened buttstock, go figure!

EDITED TO ADD: Post 1000! Oh, and hi Don! Are you coming to the Friends of NRA banquet this April 20?