Ruger SBH 3 screw question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bigsam

Bearcat
I just purchased a 3 screw 44 with a 80 prefix #. Has not been converted . Finish looks great. Only one problem. The ejector rod housing assembly is gone? No box, no nothin. I paid $375 for it. Good deal? I want to bring it to its original condition so I am not sure what type of housing is correct?

You are I guess missing 4 Items the ejector rod housing ,the ejector rod & spring along with the short screw that is most likely the cause of the item missing that goes into the barrel stud, check to make sure that is still there. Those parts are still availiable.

bigsam

Bearcat
Thanks, but are they available from Ruger or after market. I did not know if the current production parts are the same as the old 3 screws. What about what I paid for it? Was $375 too much with no box?

Quattroclick

Single-Sixer
bigsam said:
Thanks, but are they available from Ruger or after market. I did not know if the current production parts are the same as the old 3 screws. What about what I paid for it? Was $375 too much with no box?

In nice condition, I would have been tripping over myself to get the money out of my pocket before someone else came along. Replacing the ejector rod and parts won't cost you much.

Price sounds OK depending on condition. A avg. box is worth about $75.
Ya might have a problem when you call Ruger and they want the serial #. They will not sell ya stuff for the non converted gun. I don't think the later new models have the stud. I had 1 NM 45 that had the stud and the other didn't. When I ordered EJRH they wanted to know S/N :wink:

Let me know if ya can't find one and I'll dig through my junk to see if I have the parts.
Jim

flatgate

Hawkeye
Early New Model .44's and .45's were fitted with the parts you need to fix your OM Super.

I'd contact one of the "2nd hand" parts suppliers for the "soldered on lug, proper screw and ejector housing." You'll need a "Pro" to solder on the lug for you then the barrel assembly will need rebluing.

Now, if the "lug" is still on the barrel then life is good. You may or may not need to "fit" the housing to the barrel/lug assembly.

So, we need more info before we can offer accurate advice. :D

flatgate

street

Hunter
To make this factory correct you will need an aluminum ejector rod housing and a triangular ejector rod.

bigsam

Bearcat
Thanks all, I replaced the housing and parts. Sold it to a shooter who liked the half cock type guns

flatgate

Hawkeye
Awwwww, after all that effort you sold it?

If I'd done that I'd be kicking myself for the next decade or two.....

JMHO,

flatgate

357690092.jpg

Here's one that's been "resurrected".........

Latest posts