Advice on selling a collection needed please

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DenverDuck

Bearcat
I have been asked by a friend to help sell 25 Ruger Pistols and Shotguns. All have the same LOW 2 digit searial number and all are new and unfired, some of the boxes are still factory sealed.

Not looking to go the gunbroker route and they would prefer them all be sold as a unit.

Please PM or e-mail if you have any advice or intrest and I'll put together the list of specifics in the collection.

Any help or advice is appreciated. It isn't a fire sale, but a solid collection.

Many thanks in advance.... Paul

---- Added from pm's requesting info ---
Yes, I am new here but have over 100 all positive on gunbroker, over 600 on Calguns under the same name, and over 2,000 on e-bay under the name paulpopcorn.

mike7mm08

Buckeye
Throw the serial number out. Selling the whole collection might be tough but there are a couple big dogs of Ruger collecting that might come calling. If you provide the serial number you might get some more bites. If you decide to break it up good chance of collector looking for a particular model with your number to make a pair or fill in a series. Your call but unless your in no hurry to sell breaking up the collection is probable the best way to go.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Definitely advertise EXACTLY what's there!

You have access to some of the most "advanced" collectors of Ruger Firearms right at your fingertips.

Detailed descriptions of what's there followed by decent images of each item will expedite the procedure.

Any examples with three digit serial numbers beginning with 1 and ending with a pair of zeros would certainly arouse my interest as would two or three digit prefixes followed by 00100...... :D
321166382.jpg

188778007.jpg

114490181.jpg

flatgate

Terry T

Buckeye
Many of these guns can not currently be imported in to Ca. due to the 'Safe Gun" list issue.
In other words, they may have an even higher value to Ca. collectors than they might to folks out side of Ca.
Terry T

One has to get either a person with LOTS of money, line of credit, whatever, and buy the entire lot OR a group ( consortium) and have each pick what they want ,need. we call it cherry pick, and then try and sell off the remainder to try and pay for the stuff they pick out...........thats how some of these two digit "low number" guns get out into the system...seldom does anybody ever get to "see, get offered, or the chance" even to buy an 'entire' lot'...would be neat, but I know we certainly are NOT looking to buy ANY lot, but just add a few here and there, and either its feast or famine, and many times, the ones 'left over'' are later, newer models...one of the reasons my wife 'quit" collecting for the most part ...............bottom line it would be nice to keep it all together but that is mostly unlikely (unless someone hits the lottery???) tough enough to pay the bills on todays 'retirement' 8)

OK ,one of you 'deep pockets" ,,, proove me wrong :wink:

chet15

Hawkeye
I don't want to burst anybody's bubble, but selling the entire collection in one lot is tough. The serial number is very important however, because with the serial number also comes history as to who these might have originally been shipped to (i.e. an Elmer Keith or a John Smith).
As mentioned earlier in this thread, certain models will get the most interest. But it has been our experience in the past that for the more common models it is tough just to get between dealer and retail on NIB with everyting two-digit guns. I'm speaking newer models here, since 1973. The reasoning is that there just aren't any collectors of very much of it out there. I.M.O., this should not be the case because these are "TWO-DIGIT" guns afterall....but supply and demand rules here.
Chet15

So has anyone gotten an answer :roll: New Models Prefix or not. Seems people can never tell the whole story at the beginning.

As far as buying THE WHOLE COLLECTION I think there was a guy by the name of flatgate that got a pretty good colection :lol:

radicalrod

Hunter
Jim all have prefixes....well not the Old Army I guess....serial number is higher than 16 and lower than 18 :lol: :lol: :lol: nothing I am looking for but certainly a neat collection....RR

RugerHound

Hunter
chet15 said:
I don't want to burst anybody's bubble, but selling the entire collection in one lot is tough. The serial number is very important however, because with the serial number also comes history as to who these might have originally been shipped to (i.e. an Elmer Keith or a John Smith).
As mentioned earlier in this thread, certain models will get the most interest. But it has been our experience in the past that for the more common models it is tough just to get between dealer and retail on NIB with everyting two-digit guns. I'm speaking newer models here, since 1973. The reasoning is that there just aren't any collectors of very much of it out there. I.M.O., this should not be the case because these are "TWO-DIGIT" guns afterall....but supply and demand rules here.
Chet15

Yeah.. What he said! :)

DenverDuck

Bearcat
Just want to say thanks to all for opinions and those that expressed an interest have been PM'd with the details I have at of now.

There is no interest in splitting up the lot at this time. As I stated, these are not mine and I have no financial interest in them. Simply helping him out.

As noted above, S/N is 17

Duck

chet15

Hawkeye
Hmmm....I think quite a few of the newer sn 18's also sold 3-4 years ago...but again, they had to break that one up to sell.
Chet15