Need Info Old Model BKH44X Convertible (Updated 9/21)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

deserttrans

Buckeye
Looking at a 1972, 4 5/8 inch, silver eagles, Blackhawk convertible. 45-19xxx Would both the 45 and the 45 acp cylinders have the last three of the serial numbers engraved on them? Or just the 45acp? Thanks in advance.

the later ones usually had the numbers electric penciled on them, but they may also be located on the rear ,not the face of the cylinder, seen them BOTH ways, as well as the "spare" (ACP) cylinder being marked and NOT the 'main/primary ' (LC) cylinder in the gun....but again, MOST of the time they were both marked on them 'later guns',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
never say never, and never say always 8)

Aside from the 'fact' one really NEEDS either the original 'marked' (X) shipper, with the "package" and /or a letter from the records department would help......... :wink:
LOTS of "put together" ones are now out there over all these years. :roll:

deserttrans

Buckeye
Thanks for the input. I will not be able to inspect the gun until tommorrow.
I would not be able to contact Ruger ladies until Monday. No shipper that would be marked X with this one. Yes this one might be a crap shoot of sorts.

flatgate

Hawkeye
By all means contact SR&Co. regarding the "Model Number" of the revolver in question.

We certainly wish you the best of luck!!!!

flatgate

deserttrans

Buckeye
Pulled the trigger on this one. email into Ruger for verification on ship and model. Both cylinders etched and a 98% gun. Grips appear wrong, would guess it should have squashed silver eagles. #45-193xx.

2982974260080543073S600x600Q85.jpg

deserttrans

Buckeye
Thanks Dan, is my guess on the sqashed chickens correct for the grips and a blued grip screw? If so... I think there may be a set somewhere around in one of my boxes.

Ron

deserttrans

Buckeye
Thanks Steve. By the way I did have a box for the OM 30 Carbine. I should have got back to you.

Ron

deserttrans

Buckeye
Got verification from Ruger. Shipped date 9/72 as BKH-44X. Makes me feel better now with confirmation. Thanks for the help from all.

Latest posts