My ANDEROL COLLECTION is growing .......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

radicalrod

Hunter
Well with my recent addition to my Anderol collection I thought I would post a few pics of all that I have and see what I am missing.....see ya RR.

P2170948.jpg

P2170949.jpg

P2170950.jpg

P2170951.jpg

h bone

Bearcat
Very nice collection Rod, I think the only other one that would come close to yours would be JDs, or at least the ones that I have seen. Very impressive.

americal

Hunter
RR looking good --different sizes,shapes --a pleasing look to the graphics on the containers 8) you know this will embed your mind like serial numbers :p but ain't it FUN :D

radicalrod

Hunter
I thought I remembered seeing another type of grease tube.....once again WMG comes through :lol: :lol: :lol: need some bullet lube too it appears.... Bob, are we going to see you in Hburg this year with your Anderol Display 8) 8) 8) RR.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Bullet resizing, case resizing, whatever - it has a very "vintage" aroma to it when you open the tin, so that probably means it is a carcinogenic banned substance :mrgreen:

Smell reminds me of what the interior of an old 1940's Seeburg jukebox that I had in the 1980's smelled like. Some delightful combination of warm dusty vacuum tubes, asbestos insulation, ozone, and mouse urine.

Rod, I can't make HB but BB45C has a few of these tins IIRC. Might check with him, I seem to remember him buying a few on eBay before he finally allowed me to win this one 6-8 years ago.

PS - did you notice our aviation oil cans are different?

RugerHound

Hunter
Ale-8(1) said:
For us novices, when was Anderol a popular product, and when did it cease to be available?

Or is it still avilable?

Anderol manufactures synthetic specialty lubricants, and is still around although I haven't seen any offerings for guns since the 1960s.

fredrx

Single-Sixer
Waiting to see who comes up with a 55 gallon drum of Anderol first :D