RSSMX w/ XR3-RED and Eagle Logo barrel

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hashknife Hartley

Single-Sixer
Was looking around on AuctionArms the other day and saw this little jewel, 1 of about 700, according to Chad. Serial # 340035, with two cylinders, XR3-RED grip frame (the early grayish colored one), and barrel with eagle logo. Has original box that needs a little TLC but it's numbered to the gun and everything looks right; called Ruger and verified it and the letters on the way, shipped Oct. 1962. It'll go with my XR-3 9 1/2" Convertible and XR-3 5 1/2" Convertible. Now all I need is a XR-3 4 5/8's Convertible to make a set of the early Pre 63, Single Six convertibles. Here's a couple of pics:
401072798.jpg

401072801.jpg

HH

Hashknife Hartley

Single-Sixer
Thanks everyone for the back up and kind words. Heck, I wasn't even interested in a Magnum marked Single Six till I saw this one. I read and re-read "The Book" half a dozen times or more trying to decide which version it was and whether I wanted to bid on it. Finally the call to Ruger Records made my decision and I put in a bid, then a re-bid and got it at a pretty good price. It came from a gun shop in Pennsylvania; guess it's a keeper. That's a nice looking bunch you have there Jim, I probably won't end up with that many variations.
HH