Liberty models

Help Support Ruger Forum:

farmall1456

Bearcat
I understand that most Ruger collectors do not value the 200 year maked Rugers as very collectable. However I have several that I have owned since 77. Out of these I have 4 that are unfired in the box. Since due to things beyond my controll I may have to reduce the herd I would like ball park estmates as to the value of unfired Liberty models. They are as follows: Mini14, Stainlees Steel Old Army with 4 digit serial number and a letter from Ruger that it was made in October of 1976, a no. 3 Ruger in 45-70 and a SBH 44 mag with numberd shiping box and the regular box. Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.

contender

Ruger Guru
On average, a NIB Liberty will command about $50 to $100 above prices for a similar non-Liberty. UNLESS, the gun is a rarer variation. THe stainless Old Army seems to ring my bell about it somehow. I'd have to double check my RENE guide. Plus, a N0 3 rifle is always in good demand.

warbird1975

Single-Sixer
Hi farmall, as far as values go all I can give you is what the blue book says.
Mini-14 is at $535 in 100% condition
No idea about the Old Army, not in the book and I have never bought or sold any.
No. 3 is at $750 in 100% condition
SBH is at $525 in 100% condition

As far as any added value for liberty models, it says they can bring a slight premium if in NIB condition.

A good way to see what your guns are worth is to check GunBroker or similar gun sites and see what guns like yours are actually selling for. Sometimes that is a better guide than the blue book.

contender

Ruger Guru
Ok, I dug out my RENE guide a bit. The stainless Old Army Liberty prefixed serial number is a bit better than the non-prefixed Liberty. The guide lists the serial number range as 145-00089 to 145-01060. About 800 made. The non-prefixed OA's are listed in the guide with the serial number range from 2894 to 7789. About 5000 made.
There wasn't any distinction about the No #3 rifle. Nor the Super Blackhawk.

If the Mini-14 was made in Newport, has the 180 prefix, AND is a GB model, it is rarer.

The devil is in the details. If you have the boxes, and can list the exact model info, such as; Mini-14/GB or whatever, it can help us identify exactly what you have.

street

Hunter
Don't forget about the Stainless Steel Super Single-Six with a 4 5/8 inch barrel. This was a non catalog version with less then 200 made. A new in the box with all of the paperwork KNR4 200th year will bring $800 to $1000. A little better premium then most 200th year guns.

street

Hunter
contender said:
Ok, I dug out my RENE guide a bit. The stainless Old Army Liberty prefixed serial number is a bit better than the non-prefixed Liberty. The guide lists the serial number range as 145-00089 to 145-01060. About 800 made. The non-prefixed OA's are listed in the guide with the serial number range from 2894 to 7789. About 5000 made.
There wasn't any distinction about the No #3 rifle. Nor the Super Blackhawk.

If the Mini-14 was made in Newport, has the 180 prefix, AND is a GB model, it is rarer.

The devil is in the details. If you have the boxes, and can list the exact model info, such as; Mini-14/GB or whatever, it can help us identify exactly what you have.

Contender you are right about the pre-fix Stainless Old Army being rare. I also think that there were only about 2000 Blue Old Armys made. The .41 Mag. only had around 2000 made total for both barrel lengths. The 30 Cal only had around 2000 made.

The 200th year guns had some low numbers made, so it's a shame they don't bring more of a premium. I guess because they are New Models people just don't collect them.

Latest posts