SC-6 price check

Help Support Ruger Forum:

zonk

Bearcat
Stopped at a local gun shop on the way home from work today, looking for valentines day roses. No flowers, so I figured I'd check out the inventory.
Found an unconverted SC-6, s/n 60-xxxxx, puts it around 69-70. Appears unfired. Blue is perfect, all metal is crisp. No wear, no drag line, 2 little nicks on the frame.
- original box in very good shape, with correct s/n in white pencil?
- No brown paper, but has what looks like a wax paper bag, about the size of the box (is that normal).
- Manual looks original. Has early warrantee card, but with incorrect s/n.
- spare cylinder box (box looks age correct) w/ red felt bag. But, 22mag cylinder looks like it's for a new model. Appears new, but s/n scratched in is incorrect, and has 2 lines with .22 MAG or something like that in between. The allowed me to put the mag cyl in, it fit, but would not rotate.

Consignment gun, $425 firm. He's had offers, and rejected all. Is this with the price? If the mag cyl was correct, I think I would have taken it today, although I may go back this tomorrow...

Thanks,
Gary

top dollar for what sounds like a put together package, nice gun, nice box, wrong 'extra cylinder'. so add it up it comes out to "top dollar" yes, you can swap off (sell or buy ) another ,proper cylinder, makes that a wash,then you'd have a nicer , proper set.........all depends on how bad YOU want the gun..they are fine example of the latye old models and has the adjustable sights some folks gotta have.........condition is everything

RugerHound

Hunter
If it were me, I'd be suspicious of that one... I'd reckon that if someone had kept it tucked away since new, it would have the correct mag cyl, warranty card etc. (Anyone can write a serial number on a plain box) Sounds to me like someone threw a 'package' together. You can find a matching set for the same money or a tad more out there if you're patient! :)

If you're looking for a shooter, you'd want the mag cylinder to be correct of course if you want to shoot the .22 mag caliber cartridges.

On the other side, if you want a collector piece the same thing applies with the cylinder plus the paperwork...

Just my lil ole opinion of course!

zonk

Bearcat
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. I don't need a shooter., just always looking for a good deal. I don't see many clean packages around here, and was a liitle excited at first, till I noticed the mag cylinder and the wrong warrantee card.. I understand the gun's been there quite a while, thought there must be a reason. If it was a great deal, that would be a different story. Think I 'm gonna pass....

Thanks again,
Gary