Ruger m77/22 RSH 22 hornet

Help Support Ruger Forum:

96TexasAggie

Bearcat
I have acquired a Ruger M77/22 RSH 22 hornet with the ruger sights and have been told this is a fairly rare gun and having a hard time finding info on this model and estimate on selling value. Serial #720-33xxx. I would guess the gun to be in 90-95% condition. I is lightly used, bluing excellent, no rust, wood excellent with one light handling mark just below bolt handle. I also has the ruger rings and two magazines. I do not have original box. Looking to sell this since I am not a collector and trying to find out what it is worth. Thanks in advance for all replies.

chet15

Hawkeye
The 77/22RSH had two different front sights installed on them. The rarest one looks like a miniature M77 front sight.
The problem with a price though, there isn't anybody out there that I know of that would give much of a premium for one with sights over one without, though the sights and rings would also add a pretty good premium.
Chet15

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
I waited for this model and have two NIB. I would not part with either for any amt. Reason being that I happen to like rifles with sights........Secondly, there was only one run of this configuration and i suspect it to have been very short and very small........The only smaller run of sighted rifles, to the best of my knowledge, was a run of 100 M77MKIIRS 223 stainless with synthetic stock, at the close of the sighted MKII. Have some of those as well............ 8)

96TexasAggie

Bearcat
Thanks for the replies. This one does have the miniature M77 front sight and flip up/down adjustable rear sight. Any thoughts on price range in this condition for selling. I have not and cannot find any like it to compare and was just told it is very rare version.