So what is special about this one?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunman42782

Hunter
Other than the serial number?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=271966459

pix381924606.jpg

not that I see, just a chance to make a few dollars for the US Shooting team, with a "play on numbers"????????
seen one once that was in between "prefix' changes, nothing 'special' to me then either.........

chet15

Hawkeye
Nah....its nothing special.....its only the ONE MILLIONTH NEW MODEL SUPER SINGLE-SIX !!! :shock:

Chet15

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey maybe the new guys at RUGER don't even know that Chet....as you would think they would have included that in the auction description.....I certainly didn't realize it....that might make it more than just another NM with a funny serial number :roll: :roll: :roll: RR.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
[that might make it more than just another NM with a funny serial number RR.]

Oh My!!!! :lol: :lol: And that coming from a Cretified Ruger Numbers Chaser! :D :D RR you are a card! :wink:

Yep should have mentioned that in the auction,,,Maybe the Factory Certificate will have that info,,,I would hope!
Terry

without the "certification", I would love to see/watch, someone do the math, :roll:
the certification would BE the only BUY factor to us....... :wink:
as often asked...."will it letter...?" 8)

radicalrod

Hunter
Well I just sent them an email and asked them that question....see if I get an answer....RR.
I do see a lot of familiar names bidding so something is up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris

Blackhawk
Beats me, but we should be so lucky to have 14 or so different bidders. Reminds me of the old expression for every seat, there an ass

radicalrod

Hunter
Well for some reason they say they can't confirm that this is the 1,000,000 NM SS ????? I replied that no one could if they can't.....don't they have all the records or do they just not care that much....I could see it taking maybe 15 minutes of research to get the answer.....each new prefix is 100K guns I believe so how many new prefixes are listed for the SS up to this one ???? seems a simple math question .....sometimes I think CHET knows more about RUGER than RUGER ever will......RR.

americal

Hunter
radicalrod said:
Well for some reason they say they can't confirm that this is the 1,000,000 NM SS ????? I replied that no one could if they can't.....don't they have all the records or do they just not care that much....I could see it taking maybe 15 minutes of research to get the answer.....each new prefix is 100K guns I believe so how many new prefixes are listed for the SS up to this one ???? seems a simple math question .....sometimes I think CHET knows more about RUGER than RUGER ever will......RR.
RR I think you have figured it out :) thanks for the logical look at the situation :D :D

chet15

Hawkeye
radicalrod said:
Well for some reason they say they can't confirm that this is the 1,000,000 NM SS ????? I replied that no one could if they can't.....don't they have all the records or do they just not care that much....I could see it taking maybe 15 minutes of research to get the answer.....each new prefix is 100K guns I believe so how many new prefixes are listed for the SS up to this one ???? seems a simple math question .....RR.

Hmmm.....wonder why the 5 millionth 10/22 was serial numbered 257-94170 (It was dolled up and donated for auction to the 4-H Shooting Sports Program by Steve Sanetti? That sn sure doesn't trip any triggers for anybody. But the gun was a "symbol" of the 5 millionth 10/22 produced by Ruger, just like 262-00000 should be even more of a symbol as the 1 millionth NM Rimfire Single-Six.

Well....got everybody to think about it anyway.
At 100K serial numbers every prefix....62-, 63-, 64-, 65-, 66-, 67-, 68-, 69-, 260- and 261- through 261-99999, 262-00000 would be the one-millionth NM Single-Six.
One could always add in the Colorado Centennial at 15000+ made, but it is a commemorative.
You could also add in the few thousand .32 Mag Single-Sixes that were made before the 262-00000 at auction, but it is a .32 Mag.
And you could also add in the duplicate serial numbered .22 cal NM Single-Sixes.
But....who's to say Ruger didn't skip some sn ranges and what about the guns that were scrapped...technically the serial numbered frames were made, but being scrapped they never made it outside factory walls.
262-00000 is still the symbol to me of the 1,000,000th NM Rimfire Single-Six.
And it is a charity event, so come on Ruger!!!
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
radicalrod said:

Ruger will probably never admit to it, but they DO count guns. If they don't they would be the worst industrial company in the world as you would never have any idea as to production schedule for any of your models in order to supply the demand.
Somebody gets paid there to do that.
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
Here's another one....the 2,000,000th Blackhawk was serial number 48-26078, a BN-455 dolled up and donated to the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action. It sold for $17K at auction on April 13, 2007 at Grant's Farm the night before the 2007 NRA show at the first grouping known as "The Ring of Freedom".
And 262-00000 is not worthy as the 1 milltionth Single Six??
Chet15