Alaskan model 17101 375 ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cornbush

Bearcat
I have a 23 inch, stainless, laminated stock Alaskan and would like to locate another one.
All the dealers and distributors I have talked to "have never seen one".
My father wants one and I'm wondering if anyone has any idea how many were made?
I would like to know if I'm just wasting time on a wild goose chase or if there are a few out there.
All I can find are the ones with the Hogue stock and 20 inch barrel.
I got mine directly from Ruger (long story) and I have never seen one in a gun shop, but I know mine can't be the only one.

chet15

Hawkeye
cornbush said:
I have a 23 inch, stainless, laminated stock Alaskan and would like to locate another one.
All the dealers and distributors I have talked to "have never seen one".
My father wants one and I'm wondering if anyone has any idea how many were made?
I would like to know if I'm just wasting time on a wild goose chase or if there are a few out there.
All I can find are the ones with the Hogue stock and 20 inch barrel.
I got mine directly from Ruger (long story) and I have never seen one in a gun shop, but I know mine can't be the only one.

Sounds like it was another market test gun like the lefty version in the same model (laminate, .375 Alaskan). Of the lefty there were reportedly 100 made. Who knows on the righty.
What is the catalog number on the end of your box?? And for the "Reference" records, please send me your serial number so we can get that one documented. Surely somebody will ask about that in the future and as rare as your gun apparently is, maybe a market demand can be established for it.
Chet15