super bearcat box

Help Support Ruger Forum:

limpimpg

Bearcat
hello i thought super bearcat were made like 70-74 years. on ebay theres a superbearcat box with a 1965 manual. is that possible?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-RUGER-SUPER-BEARCAT-22-1965-COMPLETE-BOX-SHIPPING-BOX-PAPERWORK-/230737493149?pt=Vintage_Hunting&hash=item35b906bc9d

radicalrod

Hunter
Well the early Supers came in a BEAR CAT box so I guess they might have used some BC manuals in a SBC box....the factory wasn't about to waste anything....RR.

yep, never say never ,just may have had an "old one" laying around and used it to make the shipping complete....at least you know it cannot be the OTHER way around..but hey folks put "manuals" and paper work with any and all ebay sales over the years, since the beginning of e-bay..........

americal

Hunter
GLASSMAN said:
Nice shipper to go with it, don't see too many of those.
Still seems a bit high to me. :roll:
Those Super box's don't go for much.
GLASSMAN--about give up on boxes getting any cheaper --such a demaned for them it seems--nothing would suprise me anymore :!: :lol:

A few years ago there was a glut on the market on new Super Bearcat box,s.
For some reason, a LOT were available at 20.00 ea, if I remember right.
I bought 4.
Three are used to store non matched OM bearcats, and I couldn't sell the spare one for 40.00 shipped since last April.
I just reactivated the old post in the classifieds.
Let's see what happens.

street

Hunter
GLASSMAN said:
A few years ago there was a glut on the market on new Super Bearcat box,s.
For some reason, a LOT were available at 20.00 ea, if I remember right.
I bought 4.
Three are used to store non matched OM bearcats, and I couldn't sell the spare one for 40.00 shipped since last April.
I just reactivated the old post in the classifieds.
Let's see what happens.

They were available because Ruger had a supply on hand and they were sold through the Ruger Collectors Assoc. This was a few years ago but it was a good supply of them and it flooded the market for a bunch of years.

limpimpg

Bearcat
Thanks for all replys
I didn't think so but like said never say never. In 1965 i was even born. 70-74 not even old enough yet to hold a gun .
So alway nice to listen to the old storys. How or could be,even if i dobut it never hurts to ask the people really in the know.
I spend more time reading ruger forum and to learn, than to post.