IT must be good to be A FRIEND OF BILLS.......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

radicalrod

Hunter
Here is an invoice for a gun "I BOUGHT".....seems some didn't :lol: :lol: :lol: RR.

bearcatinvoice.jpg

Here is the gun.....

P2050092.jpg

roylt

Hunter
It says right on there it was for Mr. Lett. Is that the "Lett" from lett grips?

radicalrod

Hunter
YES, Mr Lett was a childhood friend of Mr Bills....he got the #24's..... appears that many of the early low numbers guns were free of charge.......not a bad gig if you can get it :lol: :lol: :lol: RR.

very nice, yes, over the years there are MANY instances of folks 'getting" guns, onesies, and twosies (pairs), from the old man .again, all depended on just who you were....just good business sense and who "kissing ,whoms, butt...." 8)

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
Very nice Rod! I just listed in the Classifieds two rifles that were from Bill Lett collection, M77 Hawkeye 375 Ruger sn 710-00024 and 77/22 22 L.R. 700-00024. These rifles belong to fellow forum member Rugerboi. And Yes, they did come from the PF.

Bootlegger

Single-Sixer
I really need to drive up to Bowling Green and take a look at them BCs' you have. A small drive to see some of the sweetest guns posted on here. (leaving check book with the wife)

chet15

Hawkeye
HAWKEYE#28 said:
I would wager there were many "side deals" between those two.......... 8)

No doubt about it. Lett provided to the company a few million sets of oiled walnut XR3-Red and Super Blackahawk panels beginning in 1962. Lett also had a hand in the Clydesdale Winch hoists that Ruger marketed for a bit.
Chet15

Very Nice! When I was in my 20's used to go to Lett grips with my father in law we would pick up grain sacks of unfinished grips he would us them for kindling! Seconds I guess.

Thru me a curve at first when I see Chocorua Associates then noticed the address. Chococrua is a mountain in Ossipee about 100 mile north of Hopkinton. LOL ps