Ruger parts box in classifieds

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dan in MI

Staff member
I am not trying to stir anything, this is for ejukashun. :lol:

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=137297

I looked at this and my first response was "how do you know what box that is?" To the laymen no markings makes it look like any box of that variety.

I know you guys know your shhh.....stuff, but really, how do you know?

Specific size? Shape? Type? Are there any maunfacturer marks in the folds? All of these plus historical judgement? Is the size/shape unique enough it's definitely not the box for a widget?

I understand the value of a correct box, just trying to learn how to determine provenance. I'd have tossed that one if I came across it. And kick myself later when I learned...

yes dan, it can go either way,and hard to comment when NOT trying to screw up someones sale ,but you are correct, there are , were other uses by the factory for the same box and over the years we have seen other makes, and NEWER of the same sized box, how many do you want???? they make them upon request of size need, ehite corrugated amterial..hell they are copying ( faking) boxes for guns, for year now, and this brass frame boxes SHOULD and USUALLY have the faded blue inking telling whats inside...I had a heck of time selling some years ago that were NOT marked, and ended up just including the box , for "free" with the sale of a brass frame and trigger, OH well, most I ever got for one of these brass frame boxes , that was marked, was $50 and sold a few of them at that price......bottom line 'caveat emptor' ( as well as know your seller, I trust Wes, but hey any AND all of us, have been burned or fooled over the years) :roll:

flatgate

Hawkeye
162714765.jpg

The "rest of the story"...... :D

flatgate

who knows , those 'rubber stamps' went "somewhere".... :roll:

and they can be made in about any out in the country store that does "rubber stamps", they only need the size ( or a print,scan) to work from........ :(

0h yes, no doubt how often we have "seen", as well been offered that kind of 'stuff', way back from some of the Ruger sales people at any given 'event', trade show , NRA conventions, whatever...oh boy, the stories that could be told and sadly most of these 'old timers' are GONE....no Sirree, most all the factories did NOT throw much away, much was given to employees, and yes,, even "taken" .......
look at some of the various displays over the years, wonder how most of it "got out...."
they ALL have a story, and some of them can NEVER be told............ :roll: