"Pranked" in Boise - 44 mag. cyl for a 44-40 Vaque

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Terry T

Buckeye
"Steve Ruger" had a nice 44 mag. Bisley cylinder on his trade table. Saturday morning I asked if it would fit my 44-40 Vaquero with the thought of making up a convertible. Steve agreed that it would fit. I held on to my little stash of cash waiting for that rare and elusive double action to show its self at the show. Finally Sunday afternoon I decided that those that were coming in had come in and tried to make a deal with Steve for the cylinder. Steve was all apologetic – "Man, if you had just told me you wanted it, I would have set it aside and made you a deal but it's been sold!" I know that if you snooze you lose, that's just the way it goes. :oops:

Monday morning "Lovemydals" and I are leaving Boise and I'm complaining that I should have acted on that nice cylinder. "Lovemydals" tells me to knock of the whining – he doesn't want to hear about it for the next 550 miles. I'm good and drop the subject.

About 75 miles from home, in the late afternoon, "Lovemydals" asks if there was anything at the show that caught my eye. I ramble on about a couple of nice S&Ws and a stainless long slide 10mm 1911, and that nice 44 mag. cylinder, as I look out the window watching the sage brush go by. When I turn around, he's holding out a heavy, bubble wrapped, small, object. You guessed it – the 44 mag. cylinder! I was speechless! :shock: Duped all the way!
Thanks guys!
It's a drop in – fits just fine! :D :D

(Of course it won't "letter" as a convertible!)

P1171879.jpg

P1171881.jpg

P1171882.jpg