Parts kit to unconvert 44 Flattop cost

Help Support Ruger Forum:

edwardyoung

Single-Sixer
I recently bought a converted 44 Flattop, certain that I could live with the 'safer' action. Very soon, when I admit to myself that I can't abide it, how much will I need to have saved before I put the 'Want To Buy Parts Kit' ad in the classifieds? Thanks

flatgate

Hawkeye
Be aware that there are different versions of said parts. Early guns had skinny triggers and later guns had slightly "wider" triggers. Consult the books so you can be certain to get the correct items. Cylinder (base) pins changed a bit over the years, as well, as did the ejector rods/buttons and, IIRC, the base pin latches.

:D

flatgate

edwardyoung

Single-Sixer
Do all of the different versions of parts work in all the large frame guns? I would rather have the correct-for-my-Flatop parts, but I've got a line on a set of parts out of a '69-vintage 30 Carbine Blackhawk for cheap.

Those 30 carbine parts should work just fine as far as function and fit are concerned if I am not mistaken. If I am, Flatgate will be along in a few minutes and slap me upside the head! :lol:

edwardyoung

Single-Sixer
I ended up getting the gun and the parts kit. I think I'm just going to put the parts back in it and work on finding another set of parts for my Flattop.

400508759.jpg

edwardyoung

Single-Sixer
Robb Barnes said:
Plan on from $175 to $200 for an original large frame flat top parts kit. I would contract Jussbad here on the forum when you are ready. He may well have what you are looking for.

Thanks for the tip, Robb.