A odd ball micro sight RSS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

americal

Hunter
Thanks be to RR for selling me this micro RSS, it almost went to another collector in Tulsa --the front sight has a different cut out --looks like a Clements, Horton sight.the sight is finely machined and looks like it could have been done at the Micro--Sight plant,in talking with John Dougan I found out that Micro offered to have RSS buyers to send their guns in to have the micro-sights installed,this could be a special request sight or done by a good gunsmith with maching tools--THANKS RADICALROD :D serial # 7953
IMG_1420.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Very nice!!!!!!!
I have seen a front sight like that before. I just can't recall where. Now you done it,,, that'll bug me a lot.

that particualr Micro front sight is the one the body is drilled & pinned to the existing blade of the gun and the "new" blade is screwed into the sight body and the small set screw on the right allows you to switch from a ramp or a patridge blade OR even a customized version............nice package
This set up goes back quite a few years............my bet , lead up to the one Ruger came up with for their Super Single Sixes and the screw on base.....hmmmm,,,,,,, cannot get any easier or simpler than that

americal

Hunter
Micro is stamped on the front sight base the blade is the same height as my other microes -- I think maybe the ones I have that are double pinned and some single pinned -that is the bottom of the sight to the half of the original sight were done at the micro-sight company---I have taken off a micro sight and half of the original ruger fix sight is still there for the little pins to go through--from my understanding the micro company advertized to RSS buyers the company would install the micro sights just found this out by Dougan as he talked to the owner of micro sight company----- GREAT WESTERN put them on at their factory--Ruger was to busy trying to make the ever popular RSS :) all this is pure speculation on my part :lol:

americal

Hunter
After Looking at new John Dougan material--I believe this is 100% Micro Sight Co. work so this was I guess a special order sight for a customer :)

Latest posts