Gold Label value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gobbler

Bearcat
New member, long time Ruger horder and user. I enjoy the old model single actions primarily, but am the original owner of a Ruger Gold Label SXS 12 ga. shotgun. I have shot it, but it is like new in its original box with all paper work, chokes, etc. It has the pistol grip stock. I see little discussion on the forum regarding Gold Labels. Is there much collector interest in Gold Labels? Any thoughts on Ruger ever restarting production?

The market for Gold Labels runs hot and cold it seems, They tend to sell in the $2500 and up range in as new condition or better. I have heard rumors that Ruger was planning on restarting production over the past few years but really do not believe it. They reportedly moved all of the manufacturing equipment for the Gold Label to their Prescott, AZ facility so maybe something is in the works but if they do start producing them again, the price will have to be substantially higher.

gobbler

Bearcat
Thanks Nh Rugerman. I would like to see them in production again and particularly in 20 ga with appropriately sized frame. Agree that the price will likely be high. The originals were a lot of gun for the money in my opinion.

chet15

Hawkeye
I don't think its ever going to happen. Ruger spent way too much $ on the project and I think their attitude right now is that they'd wish nobody would bring it up again. Its dead, dead, dead.
Chet15

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
gobbler said:
If they are they are "dead," any speculation of the future collector interest and value?

Only going to go up IMHO! If you get a chance to pick up one of the factory cases to go along with the gun so much the better! :)
Best of luck to you,
Terry

HPIM1448.jpg

HPIM1444.jpg