Question about Ruger lens labels

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Kermit

Bearcat
I received a set of Ruger lens labels as a gift from Ruger. They're very nice, but I don't know what lens labels are and what they're used for. Would someone be kind enough to educate me on what they are used for? Thanks for your time. :oops:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Not 100% sure exactly what you're referring to but I'm guessing (pre-coffee here) they're the sort of vinyl "puffy" labels used on some of the special run revolvers. Just a thought without pics.

Kermit

Bearcat
Okay...here ya go.

20057-L.jpg

I'm not certain, but wonder if they are to put on the plastic cases that my Ruger handguns came in. Anyone have any thoughts? :?

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
Yes, they were used on the plastic boxes for the 50th Anniversary guns as well as others. They are sold through www.shopruger.com in packages of two and three I believe. I used them on my display of Ruger holsters at the Boise Show in 2010 to distinguish between Single Six and Blackhawks. Merry Christmas!

DSCF4331-1.jpg

Holsterdispcrop.jpg

Display2010.jpg

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Yay, I was right for a change. :lol: I got a couple sets of them myself a while back just to have.

contender

Ruger Guru
I got to thinking about it & looked on Ruger's website to see if I could find them. Yep, they were used on the gun boxes. I too have several "extras." I never realized they were called "lens labels."