Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunman42782

Hunter
Current big over 7000!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=263893141

I sure don't see it.

americal

Hunter
I have no problem if it brings 50,000.00 dollars --people who have THE money to buy --well I was into southern antique furniture in the 1970's 80's seen a lot of objects sell for over 15,000 pottery,quilts, furniture, carved walking cains=folkart,Alabama sandmountain pottery pieces bring 10,000 and more---7,000 is nothing if they have the money good old captalism :lol: Rugers are still under the money--IF a lot of lawyers,Doctors --millionaires had gotten into RUGERS --most of us couldn't buy much :( that is what happened to southern antigues so now it takes 25 to45,000 to buy a original old finish sugerchest :shock: use to be 400.00 in the early 70's supply-demand simple as that :)

warbird1975

Single-Sixer
I think it is pretty cool that it sold so high, money went to a good cause so that's all the better. I have way overspent at local auctions that are to benefit somebody who is sick or needs help, not to mention NRA or RMEF banquets. I hope ruger continues to offer some really cool guns on their auctions, I would much rather spend the money on an old three digit gun than some of the other things they have offered lately. I say good for Ruger, and good for the person that bought it. I was just really shocked that it went so high.