Hollow Bolt 77 Value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I acquired a 77R 7mm Rem Mag Hollow bolt today. What is a fair value for one of these in about 90% condition? I'm not a hollow bolt collector, so am not up to speed on fair market values of this variation. All I know is that they were a "transition" from flat to round bolts. Any information you can give me would be appreciated! :D Thanks in advance to my RugerForum brethren........... :wink:

Dave

mcknight77

Blackhawk
Dave, not many guys collecting them. Unless it's a rare variation or caliber or NIB will all the goodies, I see them priced on a par with roundbolts. Further, the ones I find have been used a lot. I think that most folks who bought them didn't think to save; they just hunted with them.

I have three: M77R in .30-06 and M77RS in 7RemMag and M77V in .25-06. All three of mine are in the 90-95% range.

picketpin

Buckeye
Dave: I paid $450 for a 7mm Mag R holow bolt last year but on it's BEST day I'd call it 80/85% and it had been hunted hard.

I have probably the two most common, the 7mm Mag R and a 30-06 R. Both well used but they do show the hollow bolt variant. Which is why I bought them. Don't really collect them and flat bos like the guy above.
;-)

I think part of the USE issue was when they were introduced, after the 77 had started to gain a reputation. Plus being in long actions in "hunting " cartridges pretty much put them in the hands of "Hunters". A guy can pack a 22-250 or similar varmint rifle for years and due the nature of the shooting it'll stay in pretty good shape. At least around here the 7mm Mag is the most commonaly found used 77 and nearly all have been WELL used at best and seen HARD use at worst.

Probably a fir price for condition and it isn't like you see them every day which makes them interesting.

Ross

Ross

Well, I got the hollow bolt at a good price. I have no real need for it and will be selling it along with a flat bolt .308 and a round bolt .280. Some of these guns I get soley to offer at reasonable prices, I think, to folks on this forum who may be interested. If my price is too high, folks here will let me know by their lack of interest........

Thanks for your input, guys. I appreciate your honest evaluation. :)

Dave