Super BlackHawk Conversion

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ruger1441

Blackhawk
Ruger made a Super convertible with an extra 44-40 cylinder. I think they made about 1,000 of them on a special run. :D

flatgate

Hawkeye
FWIW, the .44-40 uses a 0.427" projectile whereas the .44 mag. uses 0.429"-0.430" bullets.

One would be "ahead of the curve" if the .44-40 cylinder's throats were opened up a wee bit so .44 Special/.44 Mag. projectiles could be utilized.

JMHO,

flatgate

jimmy b

Bearcat
if you are interested in a super blackhawk in 44-40 i have one for sale in excellent condition with original box. $450.00
give me a call
jim 201-935-1153

DHB

Bearcat
You can order a "raw" (unchambered) cylinder from Bowen. Then have it chambered. Alan Harton, Single Action Services, Houston, TX can do it.
DHB
P.S. He's done it for me. He's also done work for John Taffin.

flatgate

Hawkeye
DHB said:
You can order a "raw" (unchambered) cylinder from Bowen. Then have it chambered. Alan Harton, Single Action Services, Houston, TX can do it.
DHB

If one goes that far then the job should be done right! Have that cylinder fitted and linebored by a pro.

flatgate

DHB

Bearcat
If one goes that far then the job should be done right! Have that cylinder fitted and linebored by a pro.

flatgate[/quote]

Talk about a Professional. Look up Alan. I think he has has 6 or more articles about him in national publications. If you want another cylinder he is the way to go. Years ago I had a 3 screw 357 converted to 32-20. Last year I decided I wanted a 32 H&R. Alan did a fine job adding a new cylinder. Linebored is THE way to go. Good guy who does good work.
DHB

Hashknife Hartley

Single-Sixer
Little cheaper way to do it would be to take a New Model 30 Carbine cylinder, without the rebated chambers, and have it fitted to the gun and chambered by a pro of your choice. I did that for my OM 44 Flattop and it is a blast to shoot with a snoot full of black powder; and as Flatgate suggested, have the throats reamed to .429".
HH