The Start of it all for me.....my first RUGER Part 1

Help Support Ruger Forum:

radicalrod

Hunter
Found this Ruger a long time ago at the local Maumee Valley Gun show.....the guy wanted more cash than I had....he said he bought it in AK when he was working on the pipe line....the bears keep bothering him while he ate lunch....he said he shot them with bird shot but by the 3rd day it didn't deter them anymore...he just gave up eating lunch :lol: :lol: :lol: well I gave the guy all the cash I had in my wallet along with my pocket knife and my belt buckle :shock: :shock: :shock: walked out with this old RUGER in one hand and the other holding my pants up :lol: :lol: :lol: the gun was really beat up but luckily I new a guy that new another guy that was named Rugerguy and it sure looks a LOT BETTER NOW !!! The serial number is 0265 .....the start to my OBSESSION with NUMBERS :roll: :roll: :roll: see ya RR

PC130830.jpg

PC130827.jpg

PC130829.jpg

PC130828.jpg

americal

Hunter
I love it :lol: HOLDING MY PANTS UP :lol: If you had a bolo then woulda put it in the pot too---I know how you feel--just gotta have it :p Nice clean-up job---------------------- Don't wash that hat it has character.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Three things: That hat has done a lot of oil changes, it seems. Second, as a Friend told me, "Pull up your pants and be somebody", and last, It is a wise man who gives up all to get the best Ruger he can, and in doing so, nearly lose his trousers.........Of course, I recall a few times when I thought I had nearly lost what the trousers covers, but, that was "hindsight"..........Rod, you have done another "first", for sure.............MIKE 8)

contender

Ruger Guru
Cool story RR! I think I recall you relating that one a while back around a table where "Jack" was present.
In any event, you did get a good one, and I too have one that our friend restored to it's previous glory.

I wish I could say I still have my first Ruger. But alas, it was stolen in Copperas Cove Tx back in the late 1970's. Actually, my first TWO Rugers were stolen then, a Blackhawk 357 & a Std Auto. Still pizzes me off!

street

Hunter
radicalrod said:
Well it appears to be a limited distributor run BUT it musta been a defect as it has an S :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: see ya RR

PC140844.jpg

I don't guess you have the box and shipper with that hat??? :lol: I know you don't have the instruction manual. If you did you wouldn't have gotten it dirty. On page 5 in the instructions, it states to remove when changing oil!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: