Got me a T514 box.....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

radicalrod

Hunter
Found this box and it was totally covered with masking tape...couldn't read the end label....it came with a T514 pistol inside.....well with a little work with a heat gun and some patients which I usually have in limited quantities it turned out OK.....not a perfect example BUT the box even matches the serial number on the gun inside :lol: :lol: :lol: I also have a mint hinged box at home that is numbered to that gun.....got this from the same guy that sold me the US marked 514 with the threads on the end.....just thought I would share a pic...see ya RR.

P4270434.jpg

radicalrod

Hunter
Rick, I didn't have the 2 piece box and thought I would take a chance on this one.....I had a pic of all the tape but I can't seem to find it......RR

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Thirteen months ago, I purchased Stephen Vogel's T514, SN 27889, Unfortunately, though I inquired, ther was no factory box. So, for now, it sleeps in a two pc. box, trying to get some rest while the RSSE Sisters squabble about "Who is prettiest?"......... 8) Great job on the restoration of that box, Rod! :wink: Looks like plenty of patience and skills to me............ :)

street

Hunter
RR great find and a great job fixing it. In all my years of Ruger collecting I never had a chance to get either one of those boxes. Wish we would have had the Internet when I was younger. I might have had a chance!!!!!

radicalrod

Hunter
Well Street, I found both of mine the old fashion way......walking gun shows :lol: :lol: :lol: also found both of my hinged lid T678 boxes the same way.....saw the first one at an OGCA show and it had a $20 price on it :shock: :shock: :shock: BUT no one at the table....I was frantic....I asked the guy with the table beside this one to put it under the table with my 20 dollar bill and card inside.....did some recon and found the table holder.....all worked out in the end.....man was it mint...has the papers and original sales receipt just need to find the gun.....the second T678 hinged box came from Rich M....26xxx gun in the box numbered to the gun....this gun I got FREE.....all I had to do was buy 5 or so other guns and he through that one in as a bonus :lol: :lol: :lol: lets see I think the others were an RSSE , 2 3 digit RSS's, and maybe a type 3 and 4 RSS's....mighta been a few more than 5 guns in that deal :shock: :shock: :shock: AHHH the good old days.....RR.

street

Hunter
radicalrod said:
Well Street, I found both of mine the old fashion way......walking gun shows :lol: :lol: :lol: also found both of my hinged lid T678 boxes the same way.....saw the first one at an OGCA show and it had a $20 price on it :shock: :shock: :shock: BUT no one at the table....I was frantic....I asked the guy with the table beside this one to put it under the table with my 20 dollar bill and card inside.....did some recon and found the table holder.....all worked out in the end.....man was it mint...has the papers and original sales receipt just need to find the gun.....the second T678 hinged box came from Rich M....26xxx gun in the box numbered to the gun....this gun I got FREE.....all I had to do was buy 5 or so other guns and he through that one in as a bonus :lol: :lol: :lol: lets see I think the others were an RSSE , 2 3 digit RSS's, and maybe a type 3 and 4 RSS's....mighta been a few more than 5 guns in that deal :shock: :shock: :shock: AHHH the good old days.....RR.

Yea! With all of those goodies in front of you at one time, it's hard to keep count! :lol: Rich M. has had and has had go through him some of the finest Rugers anyone has seen. Except the people that worked at Ruger. The consecutive set of those 3 digit Single-Sixs, with the Ruger Stag grips with the boxes and papers, that had the flame lightning streaks running through their frames that you had to use your FFL to ship to Texas, came from Rich. As for the boxes, never saw any at the gun show that I went to. No boxes and no boxes and guns together. Again, great find on your part.