Another gun show 'story'........

Help Support Ruger Forum:

and thought it was a bit "late" in coming......last weekend got an 'estate'old model BKH36 the family had found, dad bought it brand new years ago, and on the 'second shot' (squib load used buddies reloads) he "bulged the barrel"................any way we got it home, had ONLY a 4 5/8inch shorty so cut the shoulder back, set it back a thread, reinstalled and refit the b/c gap,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

bkhassy.jpg

abkh34100017i.jpg

and low and behold, yesterday we bought a couple of old model 6 1/2 inch barrels,,,,,,,, day late, (no dollar short ha ha....) :roll:
Oh well, this outta drive some "collector" nutz down the road....think we'll 'leave 'er be, looks and handles quite well..................... :wink:

Merry Christmas G1, sorry but this one is 'gone ' already, one of the regulars wanted a shorty ,shooter this morning, poof..........
still stuck with 3 boxed BKH36's and MORE long barrels on the way...oh well................

russ69 said:
Wyandot Jim said:
...A friend of mine is looking for a 45/8" shooter.
Thanks GrampsI

I believe that would be a 4-9/16 or thereabouts.

Sorry Russ,
Ruger list them as 4 5/8" barrels and after producing Engr. Dwgs. for over 40 years no dash is required. :wink: Dash goes between the Feet and inches( 10'-6 1/2"). Ruger doesn't use the dash on the end of the box either.
Jim

russ69

Bearcat
Wyandot Jim said:
Sorry Russ,
Ruger list them as 4 5/8" barrels and after producing Engr. Dwgs. for over 40 years no dash is required. :wink: Dash goes between the Feet and inches( 10'-6 1/2"). Ruger doesn't use the dash on the end of the box either.
Jim

I made production drawings for over 40 years, 30 years in The Skunk Works. We didn't use fractions, so I apologize...

russ69 said:
Wyandot Jim said:
Sorry Russ,
Jim

I made production drawings for over 40 years, 30 years in The Skunk Works. We didn't use fractions, so I apologize...
Russ,
No problem.
Now that had to be a fun place to work. I was in the Petro-Chem Industry.
Take care,
Jim
PS The Metric system does have it's advantages :lol:

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey Russ69, don't worry I get it :lol: :lol: :lol:

And the only mechanical drawing I have ever done were in 7th grade shop class......

and for those that don't a 4 9/16 is because Dan set the barrel back a thread....effectively shortening the barrel just a tad :lol: :lol: :lol: thus a 4 9/16 not a 4 5/8......at least that is what I get from all this....RR.

russ69

Bearcat
Wyandot Jim said:
Russ,

PS The Metric system does have it's advantages :lol:

No metric airplanes in my career, we were foot-pound guys. The newer kids are feet-pounds guys and the real youngsters are Newton-meter guys but we make them convert back to British units so us old guys know what they are talking about. Anyway, we always made drawings according to "the standard", which in my career, the standard was that no two drawings would be drawn to the same standard, lol. Thanks for the laugh.

Russ, wins, it was "closer" to 9/16"s than it was 5/8" we did have to cut it back to get the b/c gap, in 'spec'......... 8)
yes, had to cut the ejector housing also, things do tend to 'snow-ball'.....

(good eyes guys.......) :roll:

Unconverted

Single-Sixer
rugerguy said:
Russ, wins, it was "closer" to 9/16"s than it was 5/8" we did have to cut it back to get the b/c gap, in 'spec'......... 8)
yes, had to cut the ejector housing also, things do tend to 'snow-ball'.....

(good eyes guys.......) :roll:

And, while things are snow-balling, you can re-cut thread forcing cone angle, from the steep one the factory used back then, if you want too. We did this once (to 11 degrees) and it worked well.