I gave this gun away-----

Help Support Ruger Forum:

americal

Hunter
I gave this RSSMX like new micro-sighted RSSMX 354XXX to a friend some time ago-- he brought it back to me TODAY --he has a collection of about 70 or so om Rugers most NIB-- and a nice factory stag micro-sighted RSS he bought in Canada in the 1980's---he kinda got me hooked on these micro guns SURE WAS NICE OF HIM :!: :!: Need a box and cy. box :) We have helped each other find guns since 1994---- so we back even I guess :D
469.jpg

So ignorant question here - are these micro-site guns built at the factory or are they custom gunsmith jobs? I've seen a few around here and there, and being a bullseye shooter and interested in all things target, I always assumed the target sights were aftermarket jobs. Am I wrong and these were actually factory options?

Good looking RSS.

americal

Hunter
I had a good talk with John Dougan and the president of micro sight company said some RSS's were sent to their facility to have the sights installed--that was a offer by micro-sight company to Ruger owners of the RSS so I have no idea how many out there---hard to find--I have had many Ruger collectors and others looking since 1995 or so found 19 but sold some to upgrade my little collection--some of them had long barrels installed to--very good shooters--I know where a few are---- not for sale :) Great Western SA's had them installed at their factory saw a great display of them with huge micro sights own them --plum guns too--went back to that display all day at the show in Birmingham, Al. :wink:

americal

Hunter
Forum member Sam Johnson found this flatgate MICRO-SIGHTED re-barreled RSS on the west cost--has a premier gate also-my shooter gun--it is the most accurate RSS I have ever shot--the barrel is a fine one --NO GAP between the cylinder and barrel ,have to work to get the cy. back in the gun. My pictures are to dark gonna make some more :arrow: I HOPE :)
re2.jpg

americal

Hunter
Ale--posted this crazy old RUGER all over the internet :lol: :lol: thought everyone + some had seen it--had two others about like it --but not 12.5 inches :roll: not to hard to hold--but a rest and it puts them were you aim--if I miss a bottle top at 25 yards its me --I moved :x aim right at object not at 6 o'clock. John D. told me he has 5 or so and is still looking so I guess I ain't all crazy :lol: :lol: