Got my Christmas present just a little early.......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

radicalrod

Hunter
Well I was just standing around at Tulsa minding my own business when I see a real TX cowboy come over and talk to a real ND rancher....well next thing I know the rancher calls me over and says he's talkin auto pistols and I don't understand them :lol: :lol: :lol: well it's a good thing for me as the cowboy says that he has friend back home that wants to sell an old RED EAGLE with a sorta LOW NUMBER :shock: :shock: :shock: YES I got a little tingly all over then he goes and tells me the number.......well let's just say I NEED THAT PISTOL....I have 2 others at home with the same number on them....well it gets worse before it gets better :roll: :roll: :roll: the cowboy says I can't call his friend for 3 weeks after I get home from T Town :x :x :x well I can't wait all 3 weeks so after 2 weeks I call the cowboy and get the go ahead to call the friend.....any questions so far :?: :?: :?: well I call the friend with the auto and got his voice mail....about 8 hours later I try again and yep got the friend on the phone....told him my dilemma about needing to own his gun......well he was willing to let it go but it was tough for him to come up with a price....I made a fair offer with a little assistance from FT44 the deal was agreed upon......and you guys think this collecting thing is easy :D :D :D well the gun finally showed up today and all is good.....pics will be forth coming later in the week..oh ya it is RST4 #0059, also have BKH4 #59, and S47 LF #59....now if I could only locate the rest :lol: :lol: :lol: see ya RR.

Well I took a couple of quick pics....RR

PC060805.jpg

PC060806.jpg

americal

Hunter
GOOD GRIEF there you go again--lineing up those old numbers :roll: A great find :) :) :D 8) and now I know the rest of the story :wink: MINDING MY OWN Business :roll:

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey Jody, I still have 0603 thanks to you....and the fact that I drove from OHIO to Nashville that Saturday :lol: :lol: :lol: see ya RR.

or just across the river ,south into Kentucky......... 8)
Much of this has to do with the distributors that Ruger used back then and how much they bought from Ruger and what the old man thought of some of them..........( he used 'em.....) :roll:

Still a very nice find,way to go 'radical One'.... :wink:

radicalrod

Hunter
Thanks guys, the gun kinda found me :lol: :lol: :lol: Sometimes it is good to be lucky :roll: :roll: :roll: I do work pretty hard at this Ruger collecting thing and when things work out like this it makes it all make sense sorta :lol: :lol: :lol: Let me just say there are days even I don't know why I do what I do or why I do it or if anyone even cares that I do it.....then I share it with you guys on RF and then I am glad I do it 8) 8) 8) see ya RR.

Latest posts