I just don't get it!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

street

Hunter
WIL TERRY said:
YES, but it is the collectors who have trashed the used gun market with greedy and silly prices. RADICAL ROD's pal Wilks has/had a name for collectors like this, Gun whores. And he was RIGHT !!! For you to complain now that some sense might have returned to gun prices, is in itself, PRICELESS !!! HA...
I AM A SHOOTER !!! I have all those guns in their original boxes and have shot the crap outta all of 'em. For instance 9000 rounds the first thirteen days of September alone; lots more since. And i have NEVER BUT NEVER EVER heard a shooter whine about the prices of his guns as he enjoyed them for what they really were and still are; COMMON guns.

I went fishing the other day! After about 8 hr. and I hadn't caught anything, I was just ready to go when I got a bite!!! It took me about 20 minutes to get it in and when I netted it, it wasn't a fish at all. It was a Brass Railroad lantern! Wow!!! It was dated 1889 and it was still burning :lol: :lol: :lol:

WIL TERRY if you will drop about 8500 rounds off of your total for 13 days shooting I will blow that lantern OUT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for the collectors running the price up on guns I will have to plead guilty. But you shooter will have to take blame also for all of the collector guns that you guys destroyed, making the number of collector gun much less. Supply, demand, less supply more demand higher prices.

Seeemmiss, see it worked, keep up in the lights, wether a lantern or sunlight and THEY will "see the way"...good for you............. :wink:

BOTTOM line ain't NO-ONE driving up the prices of guns except the companies, just open up the current catalog of ANY gun company and check out the prices........ :shock: :shock:

prostitutes get paid, whores give it away........... 8)

That's it, no more from me, I'm finished here :oops:

Boge Quinn

Single-Sixer
WIL TERRY said:
I AM NOT EXACTLY SURE WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM HERE BUT OF THE 9089 I BURNED UP EVERY ROUND MYSELF. !!! YOU MAY ASK BOGE QUINN, HE WAS THERE, YOU MAY ASK JEFF QUINN, HE WAS THERE. AND IF YOU WANT I CAN SHOW YOU RECORDS OF EVERY ROUND THROUGH EVERY GUN AND ON WHICH DAYS FROM NUMBER ONE TO NUMBER THIRTEEN.
AND if you do not understand why or what I was " accomplishing " I would say you're beyond the pale as far as being a real shooter is comcerned.
LASTLY....when we go up in the hills my wife is with me and she shoots up about 1/3 of the total rounds expended.
And so it goes.....................................geesh...

Brother Terry is right - I WAS there, and his numbers don't include what I shot (which was probably less than half of what Terry shot), just as they don't include what his wife shoots when they go into the hills. I was right there at the bench beside him that week, but I can't keep up with him when it comes to shooting. I spent quite a lot of time just watching Terry up there in Da UP, it's a sight to behold - the man is a shooting MACHINE. He goes on like the Energizer bunny, pausing only to reload and record how many shots he sends through each gun (yes, he keeps a record of everything he shoots), and he hits damn near everything he aims at. At the end of the day, his hands and face are black from powder soot, and he's grinning like a jenny eating sawbriars.

Same deal at the Shootist Holiday every year - he picks his spot on the range, sits down with a pile of guns & ammo, and wears it out until suppertime, pausing for a few moments to have a sandwich for lunch. I've never seen a guy FOCUS like Terry does, and he has a great time doing it. A few years ago at the Holiday, some folks saw me peel off a few hundred-dollar bills and give them to Terry, and there was a rumor floating around that I'd lost a substantial shooting bet to him - absolutely not true, I was just consummating a gun trade. I would NEVER enter into a shooting bet with Terry, he'd skin me every time!

What he accomplishes is, he hones his substantial shooting skills, he has a great time doing it, and he fulfills the gun maker's intended purpose: he derives pleasure from SHOOTING guns, and sharing those shooting times with his friends. He does have some guns that never get shot (I was able to trade him out of a couple, a matched pair of unfired TLAs, not long ago), but he really does shoot his irons as much as he says he does. And I will add that he's one of the finest marksmen I have ever seen (and as a Shootist, I've seen my share of fine marksmen!). Shooting by the buckets is how he got to be that way, and LOADING that much ammo is how he got to be one of our foremost experts on that subject as well.

And he doesn't lie.

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
I also saw BOGE, the Quinn kid, go thirty straight on the 80 yard targets with my Marlin M39CL while we were shooting together up in the U.P.
All the targets were steel clangers set at 80, 90, 100, 110, and 120 yards. Then BOGE showed us all how to shoot with a brand new Turnbull Winchester '92 45COLT with which he hit everything in sight to a farethewell, with a brand new carbine he'd never shot before. I was impressed !!!

Boge Quinn

Single-Sixer
It was!

BTW, I'm glad you finally sold that beautiful sixgun - selling high-end stuff is TOUGH these days.

Jbrown75

Single-Sixer
WIL TERRY said:
I would say you're beyond the pale as far as being a real shooter is concerned.
Well, I can understand you are a Shootist, but this statement here is unwarranted. Who decided that YOU get to say who is and isn't a 'real shooter'? I would have expected better from someone who comes from such a respected group of gentlemen shooters. Whether your round count was questioned or not.

As I will never be able to afford 700 rounds per day, I guess I will never be a "real shooter".

Nor will I feel it necessary to post in ALL CAPS to make sure everybody is aware of my pronouncements.

I am not worthy, I am not worthy . . .

:roll:

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
Jbrown75 said:
WIL TERRY said:
I would say you're beyond the pale as far as being a real shooter is concerned.
Well, I can understand you are a Shootist, but this statement here is unwarranted. Who decided that YOU get to say who is and isn't a 'real shooter'? I would have expected better from someone who comes from such a respected group of gentlemen shooters. Whether your round count was questioned or not.

YOU ARE CORRECT, SIR !!! Will all please accept my apology for this foxpaw.

all right, no need for any of us to get our shorts up in a bunch, we all at times have used the 'wrong' selection of words to get a point across OR to voice our 'opinion'. I know my head thinks one thing, my fingers type another and at a much slower rate, then it all comes our wrong anyway....damn, hate when that happens,,,,besides, this goes to show just how a :post: or opinion or a comment as to why something doesn;t sell goes off on a tangent, and out of control....most of us are all friends here, many of us KNOW one another, and how they even may think at times...its the ones we do NOT know or do NOT know us, may question just what we may have meant.........No harm, no foul, life is far too short and folks are dying everyday, and nothing seems to be done or people even care.
Terry gets out and shoots a whole bunch MORE than most of us even 'thought " of shooting , and I used to shoot a LOT,but thats neither here nor there.retired now and have no where near the money to be using it on that much ammo...........
Seeemmiss sold his gun, all is well , so "as the cylinder turns, and like sand through an hour glass", so goes another day in the Ruger world..............
Merry Christmas guys ( and gals..... :wink:

street

Hunter
seeemmiss said:
Street, I can see that Lateran burning from here!! Gun is sold. Thanks guys.

seeemmiss, Way to go! Glad to see you sold your fine collectible. And to who ever (or Whom ever, never could get who, whom right) picked it up, great find. It's not ever day that a gun this fine and rare comes up for sale. Again, seeemmiss, WAY TO GO!

BIgMuddy

Blackhawk
So Terry, I guess we won't be seeing any articles on the finer points of firearm collecting anytime soon? :lol:

I am going to go out this afternoon and add some value to some collectibles! :wink:

Dan

americal

Hunter
I feel good as o'll James use to sing :lol: :lol: I did what I could -moved it back to the top in classified section ---notice how many times I said I----BUT I DID NOT BUY IT :lol: Glad it sold a great old -new RUGER SA :)