Tulsa Treasure Part II......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

radicalrod

Hunter
Well I found this sitting on Ralph's table and it caught my eye.....I like shiny pretty things :lol: :lol: :lol: before the show was over we had made a deal.....I got the shiny gold aluminum thingy and Ralph took my trading beads......appears to be a LWAC cylinder done in GOLD....I thought it was KOOL .....see ya RR.

PB220780.jpg

PB220781.jpg

PB220782.jpg

americal

Hunter
That is a first for me :shock: Recon the factory just got the color off :?: It is off right begenning to wonder --went to gunblast and looked at the LW's I am getting to not see colors quite right :)

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
I would suspect that the pictured cylinder was turned somewhere in it's earlier life, based on the very slight disfigurement on the notch in the center of the photo. Seems similar to cylinder marks in guns even when fired little, but just cocked.......... Think this either a prototype or done after original build............Just sayin'. Any provenance with it?

radicalrod

Hunter
NOPE just a shiny babble :lol: :lol: :lol: the stuff is really tough....I tried to scratch it and it left my thumb nail with a groove :shock: :shock: :shock: there are a few specks where it appears to be bare aluminum under the gold....like I said I just thought it was NEAT.....someday I will find a beater LW and make a BARBECUE GUN :roll: :roll: :roll: what does one expect for $50 dollars...... see ya RR.

Ruger1441

Blackhawk
kind of reminds me of the Gold grip frame that Steveruger has. I have seen grip frames in a few other colors. I think Splitz is right about it being a prototype 8)

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey, I think you can get "CHROME IN A CAN" aka "Mexican chrome" .......HEY Mike....you paint it...I'll buy it :lol: :lol: :lol: I have always wanted a boxed and shippered BKH30 8 groove gold plated :roll: :roll: :roll: RR.