Clements work...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mattsbox99

Hunter
I'm sure a few of you guys have had David build some nice Rugers for you. His site says 12-14 months and I'm wondering if it is really that long. I'm stoked for this revolver and hopefully its not that long. I don't want to bug him with too many questions. You can post some photos to make me really jones for it! :)

I'm kinda stuck in a bunch of waiting with two form 4s and a form 3 in process by the BATFE too. Guys are reporting 6 month waits on those items.

Glad tohelp you! This is a 44 Mag that David did an octagon barrel with silver barred front sight on and a browned finish. Once I bought it I sent it back to him along with a 357 Max cylinder and he linebored it to 44 specs, shortened the barrel protrusion and sent it back. Bill Jennings did the bark free elk grips.
IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

All my old model Rugers wear bisley spurred hammers by David and the long cylindered 45 bisley wears his adjustable rear sight and one of his octagon barrels.

Bearcat

Blackhawk
Hard to beat his work. I have a custom 3-inch bbl GP-100 made into a smooth carry piece that is one of my best shooting revolvers. Worth the cost and the wait.

I don't remember exactly but I know it was over 12 months.........that was 6 years ago.
It will depend somewhat on what you have done. For this gun the 357 barrel went out to be bored to 44,
the frame was sent out for case coloring, the grip frame after being fit by David, was sent to New Mexico
for custom grips, back to David then to Montana for refinishing…………..all these extras take time.
If David says 12 – 14 months I would expect it to take every bit of that time and maybe more.

It's well worth the wait!

Dennis.

mattsbox99

Hunter
You're right about that Cary. Its only been 2 weeks and I'm just really jonesing for it! :D

I already have the custom Safariland holster for it and the moonclip holder and tools.

caryc

Hawkeye
mattsbox99 said:
You're right about that Cary. Its only been 2 weeks and I'm just really jonesing for it! :D

I already have the custom Safariland holster for it and the moonclip holder and tools.

Sounds like you need to go out a buy a new gun to console yourself.