I have a gun show story TOO

Help Support Ruger Forum:

radicalrod

Hunter
Well just got home from T town and it sure was good to see everyone......Dale, Don x2, Ralph, Jerry,John, Jan, Jim, Bill x2, Rich, Rick, Steve and Dad and son, Shawn , Tim, Terry, Vince and more I know I have missed....

The show was fun with LOTS of NICE displays....Vince was the MAN.......he should have bought a lottery ticket :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not a lot of "NEW FINDS" but I ended up with a few nice pieces....more on that at a latter date.....seems I didn't miss much here on the RF.....

OH YA the gun story :roll: :roll: :roll: I also bought a really nice RST4 from the original owner no box but only 1 box of shell through it....4xxxxx mid 60's gun....hope I did alright at $150 :oops: :oops: :oops: see ya RR.

americal

Hunter
YEA--It's been slow with you gone---throw one or more finds up for us when you get motivated :lol: see ya :!: :!: americal

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Rodney, I can second that it was good to see some of the Ruger collecting gang at T town. I did pick up that Mag-na-port Mark 1 we looked at and got for about 85 less than what he was asking for it. I had 3 more auto's follow me home :D a government model that seems to be missing a certain roll mark :shock: I will leave that information un-disclosed :wink: and a auto from the Fred Davis collection along with a RST4 that the factory forgot to put the rifling in :? :? :shock: There was also a new model single six that had a funny "D" stamped in front of the serial number :) . The dinner was awesome this year and was a real pleasure to listen to Frank Bonaventura speak at the awards that night. Sunday we had talked about my display because one of the guns ( the Mark 2 U.S. stamped # 210-00108 only 20 known in private collections)came from him. Got a few pics with Frank, myself and the gun together. And hey even got 3rd place this year from Wanenmacher. My wife and I had a great trip this year with no hasles from TSA like I had last year :wink: Love flying with guns :eek:

radicalrod

Hunter
Rick, I had that "SMOOTH BORE" in my hands Friday afternoon I believe....it was nice with the box and shipper too....glad it found you....

Franks stories were AWESOME.....he gave Steve, Terry, and myself about an hour of stories Saturday afternoon......really great stuff....he said WBR was writing his book but got sick before he could finish it and had his daughters BURN it because he couldn't control it to the end.....what a crime...

Well I got 2 old 44 FT's and that was it......both have condition issues.....one has the wrong grip frame....some one made a dragoon frame in a mill and stuck it on the gun.....the other is just too NICE with the box and paper work.....thats the last time I buy guns in that condition :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't wait till next fall already....see ya RR

Just Rolled into home @ 5 am this morning! Had a great time seeing everyone as Rod mentioned above, got to see & handle so nice Old Rugers! Loved Franks stories about what happened @ Ruger in the old DAYs! That was worth the whole trip! Great time.

OM CRAZY

Bearcat
It is always fun to see and talk with friends you haven't seen in a year, and a chace to meet new ones. My wife and I had a very good time. I wasn't very lucky on finding a gun, but I was able to pick up an old box. Its some kind of proto-type or something :oops: :oops: