Value of limited editions?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

se3388

Bearcat
I had a set of Buck Eye Sports Limited Edition Black hawks (bought new in the late 80's and got them at wholesale prices), one was a 38/40 -10mm and the other was a 32Mag - 32-20. They had very nice wood and had the buck Eye stamped on the top strap. They also had matching serial numbers, they were each number 610 in the series. In a moment of weakness I sold them both (unfired in box with all paperwork) several years ago and was just wondering what they might be worth today. Thanks for any info.

Steve E...........

chet15

Hawkeye
se3388 said:
I had a set of Buck Eye Sports Limited Edition Black hawks (bought new in the late 80's and got them at wholesale prices), one was a 38/40 -10mm and the other was a 32Mag - 32-20. They had very nice wood and had the buck Eye stamped on the top strap. They also had matching serial numbers, they were each number 610 in the series. In a moment of weakness I sold them both (unfired in box with all paperwork) several years ago and was just wondering what they might be worth today. Thanks for any info.
Steve E...........

In the last price guide we did for Red Eagle News Exchange, the .32-20 came in at $715 and the .38-40 at $690 if NIB with shipping sleeves.
Chet15

se3388

Bearcat
That sounds fantastic, especially if I still had them. I pretty sure it was under $300.00 each when I bought them. It was in the late 80's and the shop I was working at let me have them at wholesale price. I guess that is one of those shoulda, coulda, woulda things.

Steve E...............

never look back, besides what is the dollar worth today?? when we had our gun shops starting in 1973 we sold Pythons for $329 Diamondbacks were n the high $200;s ,couldn't give the Hawkeyes away, they were in the $115 range...also gas was 19 cents a gallon and smokes were 21 cents a pack....so its ALL relevent, same went for wages,my pay in basic training in 1965 was $112 a MONTH, my first job later one at reliance electric was $350 a month, and starting pay on the police department in 1969 was $8800...and on and on..........turned down a "used" split window Corvette coupe for $2750...ha, no never look back...............almost bought a King Cobra 427 for $5,500 and I didn;t like the cheap body work...go figure.....so got a Buick GS, brand new for $3100.......nope never look back................

oh yes, turned down a matched set of Buckeyes two Medina gun shows back NIB for $1200...guy split 'em up the next day......oh well