10/22 Mod 1132 Walmart Exclusive - NIB Value?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ljutic

Bearcat
Back in 1997, I bought one of those 10/22 Internationals with the green laminated stock. I see that Ruger has started shipping the model again to Sports South but with a black and silver laminated stock ($300 retail). I never shot mine so I'm thinking of taking it over to the Tulsa gun show this weekend and possibly trading into a 77/22 as that would be a much better starter gun for my 7 year old. Is $350 or so a fair trade value for this NIB gun?

Bearcat

Blackhawk
Pretty tough, as I'm sure you have found out, to get $350 out of a used gun that one can buy new for $300. But good luck all the same.....

Ljutic

Bearcat
Thanks for the feedback. I never took it out of the car since I didn't see any 77/22's in my trip around the show. They had to be there, but I just didn't see them.

You can buy the same type of gun, but you can't get this model with this stock color combo. Ruger only made them for WM as an exclusive back in the late 90's. I saw a ton of 10/22s in my trip around the show, but didn't see any of the WM Exclusives like mine. I'm hanging on to it.

Bearcat

Blackhawk
I have one in my collection. It has been fired about 50 rounds and is LNIB. I value it at $250.00 in my collection spreadsheet. Nice carbines, but they sold tens of thousands of them and collector value is just not there.

radicalrod

Hunter
Hi, I have never understood the prices people ask for these....they made a bunch of them.....I think I paid 179 on sale at wally world....I see shooters at the shows with 375 on the tag...I would think a nice one in the box would be worth 300 easily.....I quit collecting the laminates when they started showing up faster than I could stack them up :lol: :lol: :lol: see ya RR

chet15

Hawkeye
Ruger also built another batch of blue and another of stainless for one of Ruger's distributors recently.
Chet15

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Most with these look at them as a collectable yet as mentioned, there's been tens of thousands made so there's no scarcity to them. "Limited edition" doesn't mean it's worth a whole lot more. Many will buy them just for the look while one that truly wants one as a collectable wants one that's mint, such as this one in question. The trick is finding that person. The wrench in the works is that as Chet15 mentioned, they're available again so folks likely won't pay the premium for it being an early one, dealers certainly won't. Also, remember in a dealer transaction, they need to leave room for profit so even if street value were to be $300, they're going to allow $225 maybe.