Radicalrod one year dig produced MICRO-- new find report add

Help Support Ruger Forum:

americal

Hunter
A MINT RSS4X 21 pre-fix micro RR found on a table at some gunshow --had been BURIED DEEP in the mine--took one year to get to it dug out,hard rock :roll: This one looks so factory -it has a precise drilled hole through the base of the front sight to the rear and a perfect large screw --all the blueing looks the same---heard two stories from honest men who said back in the 1950's they saw micro RSS"s sitting in two different gunshops NOT FOR SALE special ordered guns from Ruger waiting on pick-up --I know will not letter micro but I really don't care---bad attitude :lol: just a lot we don't really know went on in the RED BARN--I'M JUST SAYING :lol: I have 4 RSS,s microed ==mint found in out of the way places ----why go to the trouble to micro a gun then not shoot it :?: :?: AGAIN just thinking to myself :!: Sure a few of oddball Rugers that are in collections with NO LETTER.
re10-1.jpg

americal

Hunter
OK--GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS__want hurt my feelings :D I REALLY want your opinions--I know old topic----- but throw it at me but give a reason other than NO LETTER :lol: If thats the ans. OK----thanks Americal --don't hold back :!: :!: :!:

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Beautiful Rare Package! :D "Micro Sighted" to boot,,,your living well! :wink:
If anyone could find one it would be rugerguy!!
I agree with your train of thought,,it looks factory new to me.
Great Snag!
Terry

yessir, we've had some over the years from folks who "swore" they were ordered that way,new, but my Laura knowing they did not ( would not letter) gave up on any of the "oddball" stuff, boo boos, etc, and sold them off...only kept a couple of nickel & chrome guns that also do not letter, but just hangs on to them cause she 'likes' them.....you're doing good with your finds there Wayne, keep it up and again "thank YOU" Sir.......... :wink:

Mike Mulligan

Single-Sixer
Seems to me that a minty and perhaps period modification done with factory quality would be an excellent addition to any collection! :D

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey Americal, looks just like the one I sold you :lol: :lol: :lol: even has the same serial number :shock: :shock: :shock: Yes it took a year BUT you told me you were in NO HURRY :roll: :roll: :roll: LOOKS GOOD....see ya RR.

flatgate

Hawkeye
I don't want to be a "stick in the mud" but I'll stand by the theory that WBR was way too "thrifty" to ever purchase sight kits from Micro.....

133940937.jpg

I have a few of those sight kits myself.

flatgate

americal

Hunter
Excellent commints gentlemen :!: man its fun to collect OLD MODEL RUGERS__-just got a call from my ruger buddy who has just found and bought a RSS with the serial number starting with 0XXXXX a 4 or 8 thousand gun ---ruger mistake :? calling ruger --I will let you know the whole story when I get it---just called me about 3 hours ago--he called flattop 44 and he had never heard of such a gun :!: KINDA EXCITED ABOUT THE FIND :lol:

americal

Hunter
radicalrod said:
Hey Americal, looks just like the one I sold you :lol: :lol: :lol: even has the same serial number :shock: :shock: :shock: Yes it took a year BUT you told me you were in NO HURRY :roll: :roll: :roll: LOOKS GOOD....see ya RR.
Thanks for selling it RR :D I like the other one you sold me to 8) will post it later.

SATCOM

Blackhawk
americal,

What other items were in the box? Everything? Just thinking, if I were to modify a Ruger SA that was brand new I am sure I would keep the orginal parts and keep them close. Not having any of the orginal parts in the box may be a possible indicator that they never were on the gun.

rugerguy,

What did your shop do with orgianl parts that a customer had you replace with something different? Did you return orginal parts or put them in your parts box?

What is the oldest Ruger collector book to mention adjustable Single Sixes? I know that several mentioned them but always "not factory". How long have these not factory been around?

Flatgate,

Premier Weapons Co. started early in the RSS production but when?
WBR saw somebody making $s on his products and did not care?

SATCOM

back in those days, the 'parts' removed were tossed if bad and put in the drawer for down the road, unless the customer asked for them, and they seldom did,many times would knock a few dollars off the job for parts "traded in"...................
back then , Micro was the ONLY source for adjustable sights across the board, for MOST makes and models, and shops and I KNOW the factories used them if you sent a gun in and wanted 'adjustable' sights, they made their customers "happy"....King was another big name but used mainly on and for S&Ws...Micros were put on LOTS of Rugers and Colts, they were the sight of choice, and they WORKED...........usually little or NO fitting for the rears, but the front sights were a different story, you'll see variations on how they were put on...gotta remember the front sight on a Single Six was only "pressed" into a keyway slot............being so "high" they kinda looked 'crappy' and many were swapped back to 'stock'...just did one about a week ago for some kid (42??) whose Dad had the Micro's on their Ruge.r
Many national target shooters used their own branch of the service armorers for their work, and the civilian shooters used top name builders, many who were shooters themselves, that list is endless..............

flatgate

Hawkeye
SATCOM said:
Flatgate,

Premier Weapons Co. started early in the RSS production but when?
WBR saw somebody making $s on his products and did not care?

SATCOM

Premier began making "round gates" in late '54. They submitted examples to SR&Co. in hopes of getting a contract. WBR decided to make his own "round gates" instead and the first "round gates" were made at SR& Co. in mid '56.

Info directly from Pistols and Revolvers.

flatgate

americal

Hunter
radicalrod said:
Well that shows what shape my mind is in should have been radicalrod not rugerguy :lol: man I did not even catch that when I read it 3 days ago---well guys my wife in in a hospital bed in the front room may NEVER walk again a neuro problem at only 58 so the mistake was honest :lol: some guys MAY take this forum for GRANTIED--- but its helping me through some difficult times :( so sorry RR and R. GUY for the mix-up --between you two hundreds or thousands of rugers have passed through your hands 8)

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey if you are going to confuse me with someone at least make it somebody GOOD LOOKING :roll: :roll: :roll: maybe like Ralph K......we both put our BIBS on one leg at a time....all 3 of them 8) 8) 8) RR.

americal

Hunter
rugerguys is the plum one in the middle on the LEFT side of circle :arrow: Quick-Draw micro front sight model according to their old adds in the American Riflemen magazines :
248218_218775961487814_100000662350180_768441_6801435_n.jpg
)