dan wesson 22 mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jdr308

Single-Sixer
Hey guys, I was at the local gun show today and picked up a dan wesson 22 mag revolver with a 8in and 2in barrel. I have a couple dan wessons but Ive never seen or heard of a 22 mag. does anyone have any info on these- value, are they rare,etc.. any help would be great.

contender

Ruger Guru
The Dan Wesson model 22M was discontinued in 1994. In 100% condition it sells for around $300, with a MFR last retail of $349. Depending upon which barrel types you have you can add about $100 to about $200 per barrel. They had a full shroud vent ribbed barrel, and a HEAVY full shroud vent rib barrel. The heavies are worth more.
Then there is the model 722M. It too was discontinued in 1994. It lists for about $325, with extra barrels it goes up.
Do you know which model you have?

jdr308

Single-Sixer
thanks contender, Its the 22m model. the serial number is in the low 500's so I thought it would go well with my 357mag and my 357 maximum dan wessons. I knew I couldn't go wrong for $ 350 but I couldn't find my blue book gun values to look it up and I figured someone on here would know more about it.

contender

Ruger Guru
I got the info about them from the Blue Book. I kinda figured yours to be the 22m due to the barrel descriptions. So, did you get the heavy barrels or not?

xtratoy

Buckeye
I would love to find a DW 722 for the price listed in that Blue book. I have seen them sell for much more and if you do a search of completed auctions on gunbroker they sell well above that price. I think you got a real good deal especially with the extra barrel assembly. I was looking at regular 22LR ones but I would think that the 22 Mag would command a premium price, maybe not though.

AkRay

Single-Sixer
In the case of the DW 22 magnum, the Blue Book is definitely on the side of the buyer. If I were selling that gun, I'd want $450.00 for it and would probably start at $475.00. I don't think it will bring what a Smith & Wesson Model 48 would, but it should bring more than a Ruger Single Six, or one of their 22 pistols.

Latest posts