I know nothing about long barrel Rugers.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
A little out of my depth here and looking for a quick primer or rule of thumbs if you will.
I run into a fair share of longer than normal ( say over 8" to 10" to 12" )Ruger single actions for sale and have always backed away because that's not my shooting thing. But, am I missing a boat here.
Are they worth a premimum or are they a narrow field of collecting .
Are some worth more than others. Or do they just follow the regular guidlines (flattop,Om,NM )
I realise there is probably no brief answer and books could be written . I'm just looking for a little guidance on a direction I have never looked before.

flatgate

Hawkeye
The Old Models with the 9-1/2" and 10" barrels are VERY collectible. Not a lot of variations in the centerfires (.357's have two different barrel designs) and, IIRC, the .44 mags are pretty much the same. The .22's are blessed with several variations. I pretty much "had 'em all" at one point..... :D

I still have a couple setting around....

112875723.jpg

44441495.jpg

132835047.jpg

A shooter.....not totally "original".

The Red Eagle News Exchange HAS the info you seek.

flatgate

americal

Hunter
IMG_1400-1.jpg
two early XR3 grip frame --steel ERH RSS9's one of my favorite old models--a lot of folks that have found them will not sell. I have seen them sell for a lot more than the price guide books say--even the later pre-fix RSS9's sell good esp. with the box---never had a chance to even buy a RSS9 box :!:

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
So far I'm seeing old and flat top models that would be uber collectable in any barrel length.
Are long tube new models best left for long barrel shooters?

americal

Hunter
I am just not familiar with the latest long barrel Rugers---but the long barrel guns are great shooters but not as much for carry for protection guns because a longer barrel is harder to conceal I would think--- I like all lengths it depends on what you like :arrow: all kinds of long barrel Ruger SA's out there for sale 8)

flatgate

Hawkeye
One more; Original 10" .44 Flattop with NM Bisley hammer :shock: and a NM Super Grip frame with a "round" trigger guard.

85490282.jpg

Here's a Modern and very collectible long barreled .44. It has a tapered barrel whereas most 10-1/2" NM Supers have "bull" barrels.

157334697.jpg

flatgate

PS All my pictured guns in this thread are shooters except the stag equipped .357 and the boxed .44. :D