Already a Single-Ten Variation!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chet15

Hawkeye
Just had a 2nd report of a Single-Ten with a 265- prefix serial numberm (265-45204). It wouldn't surprise me if Ruger made another out-of-sequence variation on this as the Single-Ten is supposed to have an 810- prefix serial number....
But, I don't think Ruger is using an 880- prefix serial number for their prototypes any more (with well over 1,000 of these 880- prefix guns sitting in Ruger's "collection" beginning in 1984 or so, the bean counters at Ruger probably got to thinking..."Why are we doing this when we could be shipping these guns out???".
Anyway...a 265- prefixed Single-Ten could also be a pre-production run of the Single-Ten...before Ruger decided (since its got different internal parts) to give it an 810- prefix and an entirely new model number sequence of 8100.
If it is indeed pre-production, there can't be many out there!
Chet15

americal

Hunter
COOL---I wonder how the gun is selling :?: FAST--SLOW,the money situation in our dear country can't help---but boy those collage football games --flooded with people :lol:

Chance

Buckeye
I've sold 6 of them since the end of June. That's everyone I have been able to get a hold of, All were 810- sn's. One I liked was -03456. Thought about keeping it but couldn't get another one at the time so sold it at one of the shows.