My Mausers (New .45-70 pix)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hudlow

Bearcat
Beautiful guns,CD. The Mausers are classics.

I've only owned a couple of Mausers. I recently sold a Spanish Mauser that had been re-chambered to 308. I think it was a K98? It was a solid gun.

Here's my collection of Mauser now...It's a Mauser MN410b, .22lr. It was made in the late 1930's and is a great specimen of the craftsmanship of that time. It's in very good condition, but not mint, so it gets shot occasionally. There are some very interesting markings on the stock that I can't decipher. There's not a lot of info on these old .22s. One thing for sure is that it's a lot better shooter than I am.

hud

img0442mk6.jpg

Snake45

Hawkeye
CD, I had no idea you had so many Mausers! :shock:

The Siamese 98s converted to .45-70 have always interested me. Can you show us some more pictures of that one and tell us something about it and how it shoots? Did you buy it already converted or have the work done yourself?

I only own two '98, an Israeli-surplus "stocker" converted to 7.62 NATO, and a VERY heavy barrelled (it weighs 16 pounds) .243 varmint sporter I bought from a dear friend about 35 years ago. Haven't shot the latter much and have never shot the former at all (yet).