Red Eagle cod box standard pistol value 7*** serial

Help Support Ruger Forum:

capo

Bearcat
No box that was tossed out few years ago oups. Looking to pickup new pistol and thought I may as well unload this one first. Should I call ruger first to findout more history.

Chance

Buckeye
Best bet is to post the serial # as that is the first thing needed to give you any info. x-out the last digit if you're skittish. Since the major factor is condition, pictures would help.

chet15

Hawkeye
Sounds like it also might be a Type 3 Red Eagle, which is the 2nd most common of the variations. But ya gotta have the box in order for it to be worth the big $. Otherwise its just a red eagle.
The Type 3 Red Eagle came in at $400 for a gun in the 95% class in the last RENE price guide.
Chet15

flatgate

Hawkeye
I've seen one of those someplace........

103218358.jpg

:D

Y'all can guess who's the owner. :roll:

flatgate

jussbad said:
flatgate said:
103218358.jpg

:D

Y'all can guess who's the owner. :roll:

flatgate
The man with no camera? :wink:

:shock: :shock: :shock: To all my few friends out there! I have just signed up for the 'Pro Photobucket' & I am going to start posting pictures! :oops: :oops: :oops: I have been shamed long enough! :roll: :roll: If Radical can do it I might have a chance!! 8) 8) I am going to get this figured out! J/S :wink: :!:

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey Steve, not sure if I should be flattered or upset :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you can figure it out....I have faith in you....you need a good tutor...have FG swing by.....I believe he has the pic thing down :roll: :roll: :roll: RR

flatgate

Hawkeye
americal said:
ABOUT time for you to post A LOT of RUGER RSS9's

Oh, it'll be a month of Sundays before he get's the time........ so I'll just help him out..... :D

99631141.jpg

This one has a silly little letter S stamped on it..... and dig the cool "end of the roll" paper lining the box! :shock:

flatgate

capo

Bearcat
I put it up for sale and guy may trade mark 2 stainless 6inch standard needle barrel plus $300 cash. I am thinking $650 and $250-$275, he has lots guns is there a super single six I should consider? Shot one as kid and was alot of fun.
One more dumb question I noticed the front sight has no metal ball indent like other posted cod box gun does this mean anything. I am positive this is cod box gun, in 1970's I tossed box out outside ruger was tatered and wood box had oil in it.
DSCF0390.jpg

DSCF0391.jpg

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
[One more dumb question I noticed the front sight has no metal ball indent like other posted cod box gun does this mean anything. I am positive this is cod box gun, in 1970's I tossed box out outside ruger was tatered and wood box had oil in it.
DSCF0390.jpg

DSCF0391.jpg
[/quote]

Close but no cigar. This gun according to serail numbers of guns shipped in cod boxes is not on the list. It falls between 7224 and 7240 that are on the list. It also looks like someone has tampered with the front sight :cry:

capo

Bearcat
Good looking gun. Is new single 10 super any good. Some guy back east offered $1000 for gun why?

chet15

Hawkeye
A call to the factory would tell you whether the gun was shipped via Railway Express or some other way. Since we are all human, it may actually be that your gun was somehow missed from making the list that RPM Enterprises is speaking of. Actually, just having the factory tell you it was shipped Railway Express is no guarantee for collectors that it was shipped in a pine box, as RE changed their requirements about this time and Ruger was then able to ship RE in cardboard outer bookwraps as well. Ruger did not list in their shipping records whether a gun was shipped in a pine box or a cardboard box...only the manner in which it was shipped (i.e. Parcel Post, Railway Express, "Yellow" etc.).

Honestly, if you can get $600 cash/trade out of your type 3 Red Eagle, I'd go for it. A 95-98% Type 3 Red Eagle currently comes in at about $400 through the latest price guide that we published in Red Eagle News Exchange.
Chet15

capo

Bearcat
August 1950 gun and falls into salt cod box gun just like I thought. What type would this be 1A

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
capo said:
August 1950 gun and falls into salt cod box gun just like I thought. What type would this be 1A

Capo, You need to join the RENE there is information in there that will help you understand more about variations and serial number ranges. Your gun is not an 1A it is a type 3. Yes the gun does fall into a range when Ruger used cod boxes to ship in. But that was a requirement from the railway express system to ship a firearm. Some guns at that time were actually picked up at the factory. Not all guns were shipped by rail. Your gun shows no evidence of being shipped by rail or in a cod box.