Old Image from 1958

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flatgate

Hawkeye
arg-aug-58-pic.jpg

There are a couple of very interesting items here.......

flatgate

flatgate

Hawkeye
What? I've not received any comments on the guns in the image? Hint......
centerfires....... and, yes, engraved guns are present..........

flatgate

contender

Ruger Guru
That is an unusual group if you look closely. It's hard to make out details, but I see what appears to be an RSSE, an unfluted cylinder (44 mag?) a few Flatgates, the MKI Target with the muzzle brake. THose are interesting. But the upper left one has an odd gripframe, and the one right beside it has a different grip medallion. I'd love to see a real good quality picture of that bunch!

Spotted what is most likely s/n 100 .357 FT in the upper left. The un-fluted .44 Flattop also appears to have an odd front sight (almost looks like at type 1 357 sight from the angle) - the Red Eagle also has an odd front sight.

OK, the obvious fluted cylinder, the engraved guns on the left, top and bottom, flatgates on the 'LW" and the Single Six on the right, but how do you guys "see" ANY serial numbers or red eagle medallions on 1958 pictured guns????? on 3 different 'puters' see NONE of that (must KNOW what guns are in the picture....) or who'se collection it is.........

flatgate

Hawkeye
Yeah! You guys are seeing what I saw. Besides the engraved examples the one that intrigues me the most is the Flattop with the unfluted cylinder, early skinny trigger and "odd" front sight. That's gotta be a very early .44 magnum.

:D

flatgate

PS Here's a good pic of the Jack Behn s/n 100 .357 mag. Blackhawk, complete with the early style front sight.
48353140.jpg

Only in my dreams...........and I don't think s/n 100 is in that B/W image above.