More Splitz stuff.....not mine....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

radicalrod

Hunter
We gotta train Mike to get some of his super sweet stuff on here....as always I will let him X plane :lol: :lol: :lol: see ya RR

5227019_32F13ALEN.jpg

5227019_32F13ANEL.jpg

5227019_32F13AMEL.jpg

5227019_32F13APL0.jpg

americal

Hunter
I can't get anything to letter :( Mike has letters, boxes, frames whatever no body else has :) thanks RR for posting--ok now a story---I HOPE.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
:D Thanks, Rod. Here's the low down on this Arizona Ranger #59. I won at auction in november of 2010. It came out of Stephen Vogel's estate and was originally owned by an officer of the Az. Rangers, then sold to an individual who received the pictured letter from the Az. Rangers. It is one of 304 that Ruger produced and embellished at the factory. Two hundred(1-200) were Az.Ranger guns; #'s 201-300 were marketed by Malco Distributors through their FFL's, while #'s 301-304 remained at Ruger. The Az. Ranger emblem, a Ranger riding away on his horse(to the left, looking back over his shoulder), on the revolver's topstrap, was done at the factory. The stainless graip frame is the first such build on a Ruger centerfire single action, but similar to the Colorado Cent. Super Single Six.

The "package" was put together with Ruger by the late(both) Bob Gerenser and Phil Van Strander. Both were friends of mine and Bob ran the Az. Arms Assn gun shows in Sierra Vista back in the 1980's. They noted to me that the package was fully supported by WBR because of his affinity for Arizona as evidenced by his Prescott area ranch and of course, the Prescott Ruger Plant. Prior to his death, Stephen Vogel, WBR's son in law, was manager of the Prescott facility.

Recently, a RF member sent me a message asking about value of his Az. Ranger gun, noting it was #58. He spoke of a Friend who had #59 at one time. I looked my package over and found that I was now the owner of #59. Indeed, a small world! We have exchanged information and I have enjoyed the new relationship. While I have owned others in the issue, they were passed on to others when i pursued some of my other noted "passions". I did retain the books written about the Az. Rangers and because of my Tucson residency from 1978 until the fall of 1986, this #59 will remain in my collection and family.

If any of you have further questions, perhaps i can be of assistance regarding the Ruger Arizona Ranger 45's. :wink:

Chance

Buckeye
Okay Mike you asked for questions.

I just got Ranger #120 from Charlie last weekend (see Revolver section):

Did they have a special Manual. The one that came with the gun is a New Model Blackhawk and Super Blackhawk dtd 3-79.

The box, numbered to the gun, both sn# and Ranger # 120, is a standard RST4 box. The .45 end lable that is in the manual for protection is the standard New Model BN 44 black, yellow and red label.

The shipper, as Charlie stated, is also numbered to the gun and also includes the Ranger #, 120

Also in the box is the Purchaser's Record Card with the Join the NRA attachment and oil paper.

I saw the gun on Charlies table Sat morning and was bouncing back and forth between get it and wait. Shortly after the show opened two regular customers came in They are both Ruger guys so I figured if I want it it was time to act. Beat feet to Charlies table and we got everything squared away. Charlie is a great guy to deal with.

I have wanted one of these since I first heard of them. Finally saw one last fourth of JUly and wasn't going to miss this Chance.

Thanks for all your background on these guns. Will get some pics when the sun comes up tomorrow.